• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jayden Daniels utilizing tech to his advantage

Mills

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Did you read my post when I said I was fuggin with him?

I read the whole exchange. It was you crawfishing after you realized you misread the entire intent of his post. 

No one at any point said anything about concussions or injuries to Tua. You went directly there after just the mention of his name.

That's weird.

• Pie 4

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I read the whole exchange. It was you crawfishing after you realized you misread the entire intent of his post. 

No one at any point said anything about concussions or injuries to Tua. You went directly there after just the mention of his name.

That's weird.

It's weird you questioning me about a post that has nothing to do with you.

I'm moving on bro I have some chili to prepare for dinner tonight.

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

That's weird.

Crawfishing. I learned a unique, cool word today. I’m going to use this next time someone is wrong, and can’t either admit they were wrong or apologize. 

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Crawfishing. I learned a unique, cool word today. I’m going to use this next time someone is wrong, and can’t either admit they were wrong or apologize. 

Old country saying. I guarantee Xavier Legette knows it.

If you have ever seen a crawfish shoot backwards through the water, you will get it immediately.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Beer 1

22 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

VR is probably best suited to getting extra mental reps without piling up physical trauma.

It's going to be fairly limited, however. At least right now. It might be easy to get some good reps reading defensive/offensive schemes but you aren't going to be able to work on physical aspects. Throwing a ball on VR is not going to be the same as IRL. Same with blocking a player or catching a ball or tackling, etc, etc.

It's basically like playing online poker and live poker. You can get a fugload of reps, get quick with processing probabilities and maybe even become adept at pattern recognition but you won't be able to pick up physical tells or read people like you can at a real, live table.

Definitely useful for mental reps, but I do wonder if it can be expanded to be used alongside traditional practice reps. For example, the offensive players wear augmented reality VR goggles that show them what the defense is running, they run through the play, then try running it without the goggles and see if they made the correct reads. Or even have an AI-assisted VR app that gives them real time advice during a rep so they can practice making the correct reads/throws in different situations.

The technology is probably a ways off from that kind of detail, but it's worth looking into, IMO.