• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dave and Lizzy Canales: THIS marriage? The question that changed everything.

So before Asheville was destroyed I was working on a Let’s Read about this book for another forum. Im between jobs and have some time, and now I have even more!

I actually own and have read most of this…book. It is not good at all. About 70% is written by Lizzy, but neither of these two are writing Great Gatsby any time soon. 

Dave does not come across well in this at all and frequently, clearly full of poo. You go back and further between pitying Lizzy like “sweetie no what is you doin” to “okay she’s in on this scam too.”

It was also published by one of those self publishing outfits and was very clearly not well edited. 

Is there any interest for me to go into this book on here? There’s a ton of religious stuff but that’s fairly unremarkable. The funny poo is how clearly full of poo Canales is, and how terrible of a liar he is.

Like in the first chapter after he gets promoted to Seahawks WR coach, he comes home drunk from god knows where and tells his wife “I was celebrating how great it will be to bring players to our home to show them how great our marriage is.” 

anyway if there’s interest I’ll post more passages. There’s a lot of funny poo in this book but Dave generally comes across as a scam artist. 

IMG_4927.jpeg

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

There are multiple points where he claims to hear the voice of Jesus forgiving him for betraying his wife. 

Listen, we have all done mushrooms, give the man a break....

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1

15 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Listen, we have all done mushrooms, give the man a break....

My ex’s brother is an evangelical who frequently does shrooms and he was confiding in me what he experienced in them and I straight up told him to stop until he does some personal work. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Alcohol could definitely help in understanding Sunday’s play calling. this makes me recall a line from the best movie ever written. 

but I walk in here, all of a sudden, total stranger, I'm calling you Rick (Dave) and Sheila (Dan) like we're in some kind of AA meeting. I don't want to be your buddy, Rick (Dave). I just want a little breakfast (Winning season). 

So yes. Dude could be a glory hole addict of a jack shack on the outskirts of Fayetteville. I don’t  care. Just win some games, Bro.