• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Tankathon (Week 6 Edition)

Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D.

7 hours ago, Green-Ghost said:

I knew this kind of post would come out sooner or later.  Before I complete my post I just want everybody to understand. I want watch best for this team. I am a Panthers fan. That being said I am also 62 years old and I have been watching pro football since the early 70s. And I can honestly say that the idea of taking your team AKA purposely losing so that you can out lose lower teams to get that first round draft pick so you can get that shiny new quarterback. 

If I am not mistaken, didn’t we already make that mistake and we ended up with Bryce Young?  Why do we want to make this mistake again?

What about the fans who pay hard earned money to watch or attend the games?  Do you think they want to see their team purposely lose or not give their best performance?

The idea of a team tanking did not even exist prior to approximately 2010.  I do not understand why people think that the first draft pick equals the next Patrick Mahomes?.

it is my opinion that the NFL needs to get involved in this, they need to figure out a fairway to run the draft without giving teams the incentive to purposely lose games for that first draft pick.

By the way, I posted the following earlier last year.  People thought that this post was not funny and was stupid. 

But that was exactly my point.

posted this already in a tread. I just wanted to share with everyone. I apologize in advance if it is not good. This is what a typical game may sound like if both sides attempt to Tank…

Announcer one - “we have kick off.” The ball goes into the end zone and will come out at the 20 yard line. Announcer number two - “it looks like the Saints are bringing in a new quarterback”. #2 - #1 “I don’t recognize the quarterback do you, Jim?” #1-“I haven’t seen this person before Tom.” #2-“it looks like their public relations man in a saints uniform.”

#1-“ first down and 10 yards to go from the 20. #2-“ the quarterback is Marion orange, he is the public relations guy for the Saints”. #1-“ Marion, Takes the snap and he’s running…. In the wrong direction.” #2-“ well… he has plenty of room to run and I don’t think he has to worry about any Tackle”. 

#1-“ Marion has made it to his own endzone. All the Panthers need to do is tackle him and they will have a two point safety.” #2-“ that is correct Tom, however… it looks like the Panthers are trying to drag Miriam out of the end zone into the field of play.” #1-“ the officials blow this play dead. The Carolina Panthers have just scored a safety.” #2-“The panthers will also get the ball on the free kick.” #1-we will return after a word from our sponsors “.

#1-“And we are back. We have just witnessed one of the weirdest drives in NFL history. Saints quarterback, Marion orange just ran the ball back and scored a safety for the other team.” #2-“ back to receive the kick is um … who is that Tom?” #1-“ I don’t know Jim. I’ve never seen this guy before in my life. I also noticed that his uniform is a little bit too big for his body.“. #1-“ the Saints kick off and uh the unknown panther lets the ball drop, and nobody seems to want to jump on the ball. The ball is blown dead.” 

#1-“ the Panthers will have the ball on their own 37 yard line. Looks like they also have a new quarterback.” #1-“ this is one of the weirdest football games I have announced Tom do you have any idea who that guy is?” #2-“ no but his uniform is way too tight. I don’t see how he can move.” 

#1-“ the unknown, Panthers quarterback, takes the snap and wow! He is immediately dropped by cam Jordan for a huge loss. “ #2-“ if I didn’t know any better Tom, I would say that the quarterback was trying to run the other way, but cam Jordan caught up with him too fast.” #1-“ah it looks like the Panthers are celebrating in that huge 17 yard loss.” #2-“ my sources have confirmed that the new quarterback for the Panthers is the equipment manager, TJ Duncan”.

(both announcers, forget to mute the .microphone, and they are heard chitchat thing in the background). #2-“ oh I get it! I get it. I bet both of them are trying to tank for a high draft pick “. #1-“ well,, if that is the case, the Panthers have a huge two point lead to overcome!”

(both announcers discovered the microphone has never been muted. They are over come by embarrassment, announcer 2 asks announcer 1. if he still has that flask of Jack Daniels in his pocket.). 

#1-“ it is first down and 27 to go from the Panthers 10 yard line” #2-“ Saints call their first time out, .,,, It looks like the coaches in the sideline or walking off the field.” #1-“For whatever reason, the Saints have decided to forfeit this game.”

#2-“ the panther sideline is running after the Saints sidelines they are dragging each other back to the field.” #1-“uh oh!! it looks like fighting has broken out. We will return after this message. Any word from our sponsor?” #2-“ I think we better clarify that we will try to return after these messages any word from our sponsor.”

I agree not fun or funny. I would politely ask for my refund back. Please and thank you. 

On 10/8/2024 at 4:26 PM, VintagePanther said:

Yeah ima cheer for Atlanta on Sunday man yall goofy as hell . Get out of that fantasy mind set . Yall wanna tank tank tank . Wake up we just had the number one overall pick and botched it ! 

2022, 2023 and maybe 2024. Panthers had the #1 pick at one point. We could be the Bills of drafting. 

On 10/9/2024 at 12:58 PM, Green-Ghost said:

By the way, I apologize for my stupid spellcheck on the phone

Just apologize for that horrible post. Relax man, we are tanking regardless. We have the worst D in the league and it’ll get worse. God forbid Horn goes down again.

All this blustering about not wanting a high draft pick is kind of comical since our best team and best QB/LB came because of us being shitty in 2010 and 2011. If we didn’t have Clausen and had some old vet like Dalton, we wouldn’t have had Cam and Luke and 2015/4 straight playoffs.

Sure, Young busted but our idiots had one of the top young QBs in Stroud right there. If we didn’t draft a QB, and tanked with Corral, we would have had a shot at Daniels. So, yeah we fuged up at #1, badly, but it sure doesn’t mean you don’t want to get a top pick. We tanked unsuccessfully before. We missed out with 1 extra win on SF giving us the bounty it gave Houston (seems to have helped them) for Lance. We missed out on Herbert over Brown by one extra game. We finished 6-6 in 2022 and that forced us to give up the house for Young. All of those years, the extra meaningless wins cost us a lot. Sorry, but I hope we tank hard because let’s be honest we need it the way our GMs have traded away all our talent and valuable draft picks.

• Pie 3

34 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Just apologize for that horrible post. Relax man, we are tanking regardless. We have the worst D in the league and it’ll get worse. God forbid Horn goes down again.

All this blustering about not wanting a high draft pick is kind of comical since our best team and best QB/LB came because of us being shitty in 2010 and 2011. If we didn’t have Clausen and had some old vet like Dalton, we wouldn’t have had Cam and Luke and 2015/4 straight playoffs.

Sure, Young busted but our idiots had one of the top young QBs in Stroud right there. If we didn’t draft a QB, and tanked with Corral, we would have had a shot at Daniels. So, yeah we fuged up at #1, badly, but it sure doesn’t mean you don’t want to get a top pick. We tanked unsuccessfully before. We missed out with 1 extra win on SF giving us the bounty it gave Houston (seems to have helped them) for Lance. We missed out on Herbert over Brown by one extra game. We finished 6-6 in 2022 and that forced us to give up the house for Young. All of those years, the extra meaningless wins cost us a lot. Sorry, but I hope we tank hard because let’s be honest we need it the way our GMs have traded away all our talent and valuable draft picks.

It sounds like I’m misunderstanding the purpose of the post, “Tankathon”.  I thought the purpose of the post was to promote losing games on purpose.  It sounds to me like the purpose of this post was to point out that we are taking in general..

If you are correct, then I don’t have a problem with a post.  What I am talking about are the fan bases of teams that want to start losing games to get the first draft pick?  I don’t know if they exist with the Panthers, but they certainly exist on various low quality teams.

4 minutes ago, Green-Ghost said:

What I am talking about are the fan bases of teams that want to start losing games to get the first draft pick?  I don’t know if they exist with the Panthers, but they certainly exist on various low quality teams.

I wouldn't say I want the Panthers to lose, but I will say a Panthers victory doesn't make me nearly as happy as it did 10 years ago.

• Beer 2

20 minutes ago, Green-Ghost said:

It sounds like I’m misunderstanding the purpose of the post, “Tankathon”.  I thought the purpose of the post was to promote losing games on purpose.  It sounds to me like the purpose of this post was to point out that we are taking in general..

If you are correct, then I don’t have a problem with a post.  What I am talking about are the fan bases of teams that want to start losing games to get the first draft pick?  I don’t know if they exist with the Panthers, but they certainly exist on various low quality teams.

Tankathon is the website this information is pulled from https://www.tankathon.com/nfl

As I stated earlier, if the Panthers win out the season and make the playoffs, I am going to be as drunk/happy as the next Panthers fan.  However, when we lose to Atlanta this weekend, which, lets be honest, we likely will. I want people to have some respite, some solace in the fact that there may be a silver lining to our SUCKINGASS.  
Stop policing people on how to be a Panther fan. I a not going to sit around every Sunday and be depressed as hell when we lose again. 

Edited by Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D.
  • Pie 3
  • Flames 1