• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers could finish with the worst defense in the history of the NFL

R0CKnR0LLA

Pertinent. 

currently third worst in the league. Playing way more cover three than anyone else, over half the time, probably because we simply don’t have the players to do anything more complex and don’t have a versatile enough front seven.  

compare that to the chargers, bears, and saints who are running a wide range of coverages. Adds weight to the argument the coaching staff can’t really figure out the defenses. Obviously there’s nothing Dalton hasn’t seen at this point.   

image.jpeg

Edited by electro's horse

15 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Pertinent. 

currently third worst in the league. Playing way more cover three than anyone else, over half the time, probably because we simply don’t have the players to do anything more complex and don’t have a versatile enough front seven.  

compare that to the chargers, bears, and saints who are running a wide range of coverages. Adds weight to the argument the coaching staff can’t really figure out the defenses. Obviously there’s nothing Dalton hasn’t seen at this point.   

image.jpeg

They can't figure out their own D so what makes you think they are going to figure out other team's Ds?

Brutal chart

3 hours ago, electro's horse said:

Chargers proved my point. They scored six in the second half because they didn’t need to do anything else. 

because of how like math works even if only 4-5 teams take their foot off the gas in the second half the panthers aren’t getting to the all time record. 

Chargers didn't "take their foot off the gas".  That is just how they play and Jim Harbaugh coaches - he has always been extra conservative.  They have far and away the fewest pass attempts in the NFL.  They average 17 PPG for the season.  And they scored 20 points against us in the first half.  

How does a defense giving up 20 points in one half to a team that averages 17 per game prove your point?  

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 2

On 10/8/2024 at 12:58 PM, R0CKnR0LLA said:

Currently giving up 33 PPG, good for 4th worst overall - less than 1 point away from being 2nd and a FG away from being #1.

Image1.jpg

I think I will be more surprised if we don't break the record... If we trot Bryce out there again at any point this season, I'll be even more confident we have the worst defense of all time

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Mage said:

Chargers didn't "take their foot off the gas".  That is just how they play and Jim Harbaugh coaches - he has always been extra conservative.  They have far and away the fewest pass attempts in the NFL.  They average 17 PPG for the season.  And they scored 20 points against us in the first half.  

Because they could have scored every possession if they wanted to. Was he not extra conservative in the first half? You can’t have it both ways. 

plus, let’s wait until after five games (3 with an injured qb) before we start tossing out PPG as a metric for how good an offense is. Chargers completely handled the panthers and could have kept scoring in the second half if they wanted. 

Edited by electro's horse

17 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Because they could have scored every possession if they wanted to. Was he not extra conservative in the first half? You can’t have it both ways. 

plus, let’s wait until after five games (3 with an injured qb) before we start tossing out PPG as a metric for how good an offense is. Chargers completely handled the panthers and could have kept scoring in the second half if they wanted. 

Yeah, let's just ignore the fact Herbert suffered that high ankle sprain against us that also contributed to their low output in the second half.

Nobody is having it both ways.  You said they took their foot off the gas.  I am telling you that is just how the Chargers play + Herbert getting hurt.  

Chargers offense wasn't good in Week 1 even with a healthy Herbert.  It isn't a good offense.  Their WRs outside of Ladd suck, and he's not a WR1.

Edited by Mage
  • Beer 1

This defence is abysmal. Whether there are injuries or not, back ups & practice squad players should at least be able to make a tackle at this level of football. Dan Morgan said at the begin of the season that they wanted "dawgs". This defence has no dawgs, no mongrel. Just weak as piss.