• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers could finish with the worst defense in the history of the NFL

R0CKnR0LLA

16 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I always found it funny that Saban was lionized when he was clearly such a raging asshole. 

Then you find out this MFer claims he quit because of the NIL. He epitomizes the plantation mentality of old school college football. The kids exist to serve his whims and enrich him personally.

Say what you want but I guarantee Alabama doesn’t lose in Nashville if he’s still there 

Lmao forever 

18 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I always found it funny that Saban was lionized when he was clearly such a raging asshole. 

Then you find out this MFer claims he quit because of the NIL. He epitomizes the plantation mentality of old school college football. The kids exist to serve his whims and enrich him personally.

He was a great recruiter and college coach.  His style just doesn't translate to the pros at all.  He wasn't the first like that, and he won't be the last.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Isn't the 1960's like the dead ball era of football?  How in the world did they give up that many points?  Sheesh

Different type of athletes back then. They were probably playing weekends off from their factory job, taking smoke breaks on the sidelines, and enjoying halftime beers and a burger.

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

He was a great recruiter and college coach.  His style just doesn't translate to the pros at all.  He wasn't the first like that, and he won't be the last.

So I know a guy who works at one of the big youth football academies in Florida. 

he told a story once that the dolphins problems during that era were all Wayne Huizenga because he was starting to lose it. Nick took the bama job because a.) it was his quickest way out of Miami and b.) it’s probably the best football job in the country, regardless of pro or college.

but Saban would never say anything about it because the Huizenga family is VERY influential all over Florida highschool football and if he knifed them it would hurt him recruiting the region at Alabama.

maybe we’ll get some stories now that he’s retired but at this point it’s not like he has anything to prove. 

Edited by electro's horse
  • Pie 2

25 minutes ago, UnluckyforSome said:

Different type of athletes back then. They were probably playing weekends off from their factory job, taking smoke breaks on the sidelines, and enjoying halftime beers and a burger.

Oh absolutely. 

it’s how people like Jim brown were just able to murder everyone. They were athletes decades ahead of their time. 

of course back then you could put screws through your helmet so if someone tried to slap you they’d pierce their hand lmao 

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

maybe we’ll get some stories now that he’s retired but at this point it’s not like he has anything to prove. 

Probably not.  Saban seems the type of dude to keep everything sunshine and roses in the public eye.  Did you see him on the NFL Draft coverage?  He basically gushed about every guy that was picked.

8 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Probably not.  Saban seems the type of dude to keep everything sunshine and roses in the public eye.  Did you see him on the NFL Draft coverage?  He basically gushed about every guy that was picked.

Saban knows the power of the draft. It’s one of the reasons he was such a deadly recruiter. He could show recruits all the guys that sat on his bench for two years then went in the first round. Obviously the NIL had changed things because why the fug wouldn’t you go to like Colorado and get paid?

i haven’t heard that the quit because of the NIL. Sabans other power was his Rolodex: look how many coaches now were his assistants. It wouldn’t shock me but the guy was 72 years old.

Dabo is the main one who has threatened to quit because of the NIL but of course he hasn’t because he’s such a bitch. 

On 10/8/2024 at 1:30 PM, frankw said:

We hired an offensive head coach and proceeded to gut the defense in order to build up the offense around the smallest QB in the league.

Sorry if isn't fair but Dave Canales has to figure something out. He took the job.

Canales needs to figure something out? You can know all of the X's and O's in the world but if you don't have the players, you don't have the players. It's painfully obvious to me that the Panthers just don't have the horses on defense to go man. Not even close. 

If we could get a Patriots approach and get more mid-level deal guys while our higher paid guys take less than maximum amounts, we could be good. But even the Bengal's are hot garbage right now, and they have Joe Burrow. Joe took the maximum pay, as did Chase. Their Super Bowl window is closed. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I mean I get the "old school" thought process here but we are in purely surviving until we can even get to a game mode.

I think we have, what, 19 of the 53 out injured for this game?

Obviously you don't want guys getting hurt in practice. But this squad just got DRAGGED by the Chicago Bears. Somehow that poorly run franchise is head and shoulders above us.

Not directed at you but just a general thought. I am so tired of the injury excuse with this franchise. Other teams have injuries and they don't just tumble down into the cellar and remain the worst pro franchise in all of sports.

What is our team culture? Making excuses. Not trying to be a dick. Just calling it like it is.

18 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Canales needs to figure something out? You can know all of the X's and O's in the world but if you don't have the players, you don't have the players. It's painfully obvious to me that the Panthers just don't have the horses on defense to go man. Not even close. 

If we could get a Patriots approach and get more mid-level deal guys while our higher paid guys take less than maximum amounts, we could be good. But even the Bengal's are hot garbage right now, and they have Joe Burrow. Joe took the maximum pay, as did Chase. Their Super Bowl window is closed. 

I'm not listening to any sad songs about lack of talent. Morgan and Canales have been around this franchise the last several months pumping sunshine and rainbows about what they're building here. You can still halfway compete and not get the doors blown off by hot garbage franchises as you describe them such as the Bengals and the Bears.