• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers could finish with the worst defense in the history of the NFL

R0CKnR0LLA

46 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I mean I get the "old school" thought process here but we are in purely surviving until we can even get to a game mode.

I think we have, what, 19 of the 53 out injured for this game?

The Greg Schiano tough guy stuff doesn’t work in the pros anyways.  Making guys run hard to punish them is a high school coach move

• Beer 1

Just now, PNW_PantherMan said:

The Greg Schiano tough guy stuff doesn’t work in the pros anyways.  Making guys run hard to punish them is a high school coach move

There are great stories from Saban's time in Miami

In “organized team activities” (OTAs) that spring, Saban had the entire team line up for sprints. He blew his whistle, and everyone took off ... except for Keith Traylor, a nose tackle who weighed at least 350 pounds. According to some of his teammates, Traylor—then a 14-year NFL veteran and winner of three Super Bowls—had a clause in his contract that relieved him of conditioning duties. So, instead of sprinting with the rest of the team, Traylor set off on a leisurely jog. When he realized that Saban was eyeing him, Traylor began to taunt him, yelling, “Hey, Nick! Hey, Nick!” Traylor knew, as the rest of his teammates did, that Saban hated being called “Nick” by his players. He wanted them to address him as “Coach” or “Coach Saban,” just as his college players always had.

Traylor kept yelling, “Hey, Nick!” Finally, Saban snapped and told him to shut the hell up and run.

Traylor responded: “Who the fug do you think you’re talking to?” and ambled over to the sideline and stood and watched as his teammates ran their sprints.

Later that off-season, during an intra-team scrimmage, Zach Thomas, a hard-nosed and, at times, crusty nine-year NFL vet, got into a shouting match with one of the Dolphins’ assistant coaches. Thomas, because of his experience and talent, was a leader on the defense. He got a kick out of occasionally switching a Saban-called play in the defensive huddle, something his coach had begun to notice. Saban’s face contorted into rage when he heard Thomas yelling. He stopped practice and ran over to Thomas and told him to “shut the fug up.” Thomas told Saban to “shut the fug up” right back, then yelled, “I’m a grown-ass man!” As the two men went at it face-to-face, Thomas’s teammates sensed that the linebacker’s fury was placing him on the verge of doing something he would later regret, so they grabbed him by the shoulders and dragged him away as he continued to shout and point a finger at his head coach.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Especially with the move to 17 and 18 games without a roster expansion(how the fug did the union fold on that???)

It's literally just surviving the season for just about everyone. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

There are great stories from Saban's time in Miami

I always found it funny that Saban was lionized when he was clearly such a raging asshole. 

Then you find out this MFer claims he quit because of the NIL. He epitomizes the plantation mentality of old school college football. The kids exist to serve his whims and enrich him personally.

• Beer 1