• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jets fire Robert Saleh

It definitely looks like internal disagreements on game plans to me. Saleh is wanting to play ball control and field position while leaving the game to be determined in the final drives of the 4th quarter. Resulted in a loss on a missed FG against the Broncos and a slow comeback to tie the game against the Vikings.

I have no doubt we'll see more offensive production now from the Jets in their game planning with Saleh out.

Saleh is a good DC and a poor HC.

• Beer 2

apparently Saleh was about to fire Nathaniel Hackett, who basically does whatever Aaron wants.

https://x.com/jjones9/status/1843731147664306325https://x.com/jjones9/status/1843731147664306325

also what aaron wants doesn't really work

This is from Ted Ngyuen

Even after Rodgers won two MVPs in Matt LaFleur’s Packers offense, he complained about his lack of control at the line of scrimmage and the constant use of motion and play action. He thought great quarterbacks didn’t need those types of training wheels. Great quarterbacks can control everything at the line of scrimmage and a high-motion offense doesn’t allow them to do that. Motions take time off of the game clock and with it, the ball has to be snapped with specific timing.

With the Jets, Rodgers gets whatever he wants. From personnel to schematic choices, it seems like Rodgers has a say in everything. According to Sports Info Solutions, the Jets rank 24th in motion usage and 31st in play-action usage. The Jets offense doesn’t attempt to create advantages through scheme. It’s dependent on the quarterback’s getting the offense into the right play and for receivers to win straight-up one-on-one matchups.

• Beer 2

4 hours ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Woody Johnson is the new David Tepper for this year! Tepper must be relieved that he isn't the butt of owner jokes now. 

Give it some time and Tepper will do something else to forget about Woody Johnson. 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 3

12 hours ago, LegioX said:

So owner fired coach after meeting with Rodger’s? And I thought Tepper was bad.

They have been bad a lot longer. The Panthers just recently unsealed them from the spot at the bottom.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Notable...

I could see a scenario where he comes onboard this season as a "defensive consultant" or some such, then takes over the defense next year if Evero isn't retained or moves on.

If he's open to something like that, he's almost certainly heading back to San Francisco.

48 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Notable...

I could see a scenario where he comes onboard this season as a "defensive consultant" or some such, then takes over the defense next year if Evero isn't retained or moves on.

We already have Dom Capers.  So Evero is gonna have 2 dads?