• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jets fire Robert Saleh

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Valid, but it's also true that good personnel people give coaches the kind of players they need to run their schemes.

Have we done that? 🤔

Some and that's the concerning part for me. The idea it has to be perfect to get a fair idea of what is going on...which sounds really familiar. I'm just not impressed and don't get the hype. 

3 hours ago, fanpanther said:

I agree with this , he was directly told not to do it and he still did it.  Also according to rumors Woody Johnson has lots of Jewish friends who did not appreciate it.  

You guys seriously think it was ok to fire him for that?  His people are being indiscriminately murdered by Netanyahu’s regime. 

5 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Who is the next firing?

Doug Pederson?

Nick Sirianni?

Brian DaBoll?

I don't see Pederson being fired. Lead them to a 9-8 record the previous 2 years despite not having the most talent on that team.

I have to imagine Zac Taylor is on the hot seat for the Bengals. Possibly Stefanski for the Browns, although I would blame him less than their owner/front office

3 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

I don't see Pederson being fired. Lead them to a 9-8 record the previous 2 years despite not having the most talent on that team.

I have to imagine Zac Taylor is on the hot seat for the Bengals. Possibly Stefanski for the Browns, although I would blame him less than their owner/front office

Stefanski just came off plenty of success so I think he will be safe. Watson is going to be the guy that catches all the heat there.

Taylor I think will be fine, save a Panthers-esque sort of finish to the year. 

Pederson is probably on a much hotter seat. They were supposed to be ascending and finally have a fairly talented team on both sides of the ball but they are just miserable. I think he totes that blame if that continues the rest of the year.

29 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Stefanski just came off plenty of success so I think he will be safe. Watson is going to be the guy that catches all the heat there.

Taylor I think will be fine, save a Panthers-esque sort of finish to the year. 

Pederson is probably on a much hotter seat. They were supposed to be ascending and finally have a fairly talented team on both sides of the ball but they are just miserable. I think he totes that blame if that continues the rest of the year.

I think it’s Sirianni, he barely survived last years collapse. He may have to make the NFC championship or better to survive and I don’t see it happening

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

I think it’s Sirianni, he barely survived last years collapse. He may have to make the NFC championship or better to survive and I don’t see it happening

Agreed. That team is built to win now. The melt down last year was inexcusable.

35 minutes ago, NAS said:

Not a good look for the NFL, he didn’t deserve to be treated like a criminal or persona non grata

Ive done this stuff before, saleh must not have took the news without displaying anger. The deal is, he should have....

this is a jet move, owner was tried of losing and made a quick move to get better in his mind.....sounds like another owner ......

• Beer 1

48 minutes ago, NAS said:

Not a good look for the NFL, he didn’t deserve to be treated like a criminal or persona non grata

Wow.

Sounds to me like more than anything there was a major rift between him and Rodgers and Aaron got him ousted. Maybe he deserved it maybe he didn't. But one thing I can say for sure. Rodgers is an asshole. If they had a big falling out it sounds like they were too much alike. Both arrogant and unwilling to give an inch. That was never a match to begin with.