• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jets fire Robert Saleh

46 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Okay let's say he was. It doesn't make the situation any better.

I do not disagree with that at all. Reich deserved to be fired. But he did not have much say on the coaching hires. That doesn't excuse his own ineptitude. 

45 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean....this is objectively the worst talent we have ever fielded as a franchise on that side of the ball. There are maybe two players on that entire unit that are above replacement level. A lot of our starters would be 2nd stringers, at best, elsewhere. Our injury replacements are PS guys.

It's year 2. Some of that bad talent he had brought in. Is it all on Evero? No but he is part of the problem IMO.

I think he is way overhyped here. I was happy to see him go elsewhere before we blocked him. They were 4th in yards allowed in 2023 and 29th in points allowed. Any way you look at it the opposing offenses didn't need more yards to score with the play on the other side being 31 and 32. It was never a good D under him then and it has actually gotten worse with more of his guys brought in. The 2 good guys are also guys here before he got here so that's also not good. 

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

It's year 2. Some of that bad talent he had brought in. Is it all on Evero? No but he is part of the problem IMO.

I think he is way overhyped here. I was happy to see him go elsewhere before we blocked him. They were 4th in yards allowed in 2023 and 29th in points allowed. Any way you look at it the opposing offenses didn't need more yards to score with the play on the other side being 31 and 32. It was never a good D under him then and it has actually gotten worse with more of his guys brought in. The 2 good guys are also guys here before he got here so that's also not good. 

Eh, I am not so quick to throw him out with the trash. I don't think Saleh would do appreciably better with this lot, for instance. Now, Saleh might have a much better eye for talent. 

I don't want to see him fired but I am not gonna riot in the streets if he ends up elsewhere.

I will view it a lot like Joe Brady. Hs has conclusively proved he was a scapegoat but hasn't necessarily lived up to the label of McVay/Shananhan-esque wonderboy.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Evero isn't doing a good job. There are plenty of other problems but he looks like he is one of them. 

Evero's defensive scheme is really complex.

Do we have all the right players for it? I'm not sure, especially not given all the injuries.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I will view it a lot like Joe Brady. Hs has conclusively proved he was a scapegoat but hasn't necessarily lived up to the label of McVay/Shananhan-esque wonderboy.

I was gonna use the same example.

Brady was the passing coordinator at LSU.

Carolina hires him as OC and it’s a disaster.

Buffalo brings him in as OC and is loved, to the point he got a HC interview with the Falcons and others.

Nobody succeeds here lol.

• Beer 3

3 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Buffalo brings him in as OC and is loved, to the point he got a HC interview with the Falcons and others.

we will not get any real talent until tepper sells the team.

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Eh, I am not so quick to throw him out with the trash. I don't think Saleh would do appreciably better with this lot, for instance. Now, Saleh might have a much better eye for talent. 

I don't want to see him fired but I am not gonna riot in the streets if he ends up elsewhere.

I saw upside in Brady and he was way greener here. Is he getting scapegoated in Buffalo? That's weird because their O looks to be doing better than their D on paper.

I think Evero is way overhyped. His time in Denver wasn't great and then last year here which was mostly offenses not having to do much to bury this team every game. I would take Saleh over him 10 out of 10 times. I just don't see the positives. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Evero's defensive scheme is really complex.

Do we have all the right players for it? I'm not sure, especially not given all the injuries.

Well good coaches adapt to what they have and bad coaches keep ramming that square peg into the round hole...

Again this is like a mirror image of the crap people were saying about Young last year. I don't think it's all him, DM can also take some flak for his part, but there are a lot of excuses flying around for his poor performance. 

9 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

He wasn't ready when they made him OC here and freaking Rhule threw him under the bus for an easy excuse. Well Rhule and a bunch of fans here. I was one guy who said he had a lot of upside and it was a fugged situation so it's funny to me that I don't think the same about Evero. 

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Well good coaches adapt to what they have and bad coaches keep ramming that square peg into the round hole...

Again this is like a mirror image of the crap people were saying about Young last year. I don't think it's all him, DM can also take some flak for his part, but there are a lot of excuses flying around for his poor performance. 

Valid, but it's also true that good personnel people give coaches the kind of players they need to run their schemes.

Have we done that? 🤔

• Beer 1

I'd take Saleh in a heartbeat at DC. 

That being said, I don't think Evero is the problem on that side of the ball. It's not his fault that he has to field a practice squad caliber defense that is on the field for more than half of the game.

• Beer 1