• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jets fire Robert Saleh

23 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Rodgers is going nowhere with them. I would be very reticent to jump onto that bandwagon as a young offensive minded coach.

It would be interesting to see Belichick consider that job.

Finish playing Rodgers into retirement and go get your guy year 2. Someone always takes those jobs, we got one this year.

I agree about BB. No idea if he can mesh with that owner tho

Just now, Waldo said:

Finish playing Rodgers into retirement and go get your guy year 2. Someone always takes those jobs, we got one this year.

I agree about BB. No idea if he can mesh with that owner tho

Well they always talk him up as a Cowboys coach and imagine having to deal with Jerry.

I am a little skeptical of Bill coming back. We will see.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well they always talk him up as a Cowboys coach and imagine having to deal with Jerry.

I am a little skeptical of Bill coming back. We will see.

As weird as the concept of Belichick enjoying anything sounds, there are actually some hints that he's learning to enjoy his current role of being able to shoot his mouth off without answering to anybody. Don't know whether that continues, but I suppose it's possible.

Probably depends on just how badly he wants that all time win record.

• Beer 1

21 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

It's not fair.  But, going by what we've seen from Tepper, Evero will 100% be scapegoated for this season's failure.

I mean if no one in that building steps up to point out the absolute disaster of a roster we have prior to firing Evero, IDK what to really say. I guess we really are doomed at that point.

Edited by kungfoodude

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean if no one in that building steps up to point out the absolute disaster or a roster we have prior to firing Evero, IDK what to really say. I guess we really are doomed at that point.

The one person we've heard is willing to stand up to Tepper is also the guy primarily responsible for crafting this year's edition of "absolute disaster".

I suppose he could say that he needs more time to rebuild, but there's definitely a "shooting yourself in the foot" aspect to that 

• Beer 1

i used to hate jerry richardson's policy on firing coaches mid-season but i think i can understand the reasons behind not doing it now. It really makes your organization appear dysfunctional and unattractive to potential candidates.

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean if no one in that building steps up to point out the absolute disaster or a roster we have prior to firing Evero, IDK what to really say. I guess we really are doomed at that point.

Personally I wouldn't mind a DC that uses the 4-3 as a base.  We don't have the guys for any scheme, but we really don't have the pieces for a 3-4.

4 minutes ago, dxpanther said:

It really makes your organization appear dysfunctional and unattractive to potential candidates.

Not sure about the Jets, but I don't exactly think that's a risk for us right now.

We're already there.

(and have them for a while) 😕

• Pie 1

57 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Yeah it's a deffensive guy as HC that should just be a DC. He already built the D and the Roger's move was desperate and already failed last year. Go ahead and bring in an offensive guy who gets 1 year with Rodgers to build it up now vs waiting till the end of the year.

The new interim HC is Jeff Ulbrich the current DC.

Apparently all the Jets fans want OC Hackett gone too.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Manna said:

Dream scenario: Jets hire Evero for HC, we hire Saleh as DC. 3rd round compensatory pick. 

Has a coordinator from the worst team in the league ever been hired as a HC the next year?  It's not happening.  He'll have to DC somewhere else before he gets serious HC interviews again.