• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jets fire Robert Saleh

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I mean he did transform them into an exceptional defensive team. He just never got an OC worth a fug, IMO.

And Nathaniel Hackett, the Rodgers picked dude, is likely what got him fired.

Yeah it's a deffensive guy as HC that should just be a DC. He already built the D and the Roger's move was desperate and already failed last year. Go ahead and bring in an offensive guy who gets 1 year with Rodgers to build it up now vs waiting till the end of the year.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean he did transform them into an exceptional defensive team. He just never got an OC worth a fug, IMO.

And Nathaniel Hackett, the Rodgers picked dude, is likely what got him fired.

I mean, let's be real... Aaron Rodgers is basically the OC. There's nothing he's asking for offensively that isn't being implemented. I just don't know why so many people were convinced a 40 year old future 1st ballot HOF QB coming off an Achilles injury was going to magically transform an offense with plenty of other problems. That always struck me as a considerable long shot of a bet.

• Beer 2

Just now, Waldo said:

Yeah it's a deffensive guy as HC that should just be a DC. He already built the D and the Roger's move was desperate and already failed last year. Go ahead and bring in an offensive guy who gets 1 year with Rodgers to build it up now vs waiting till the end of the year.

Rodgers is going nowhere with them. I would be very reticent to jump onto that bandwagon as a young offensive minded coach.

It would be interesting to see Belichick consider that job.

• Pie 1

Rodgers plays bad HC gets fired.

Just accept the fact you traded for a old aging QB and he no longer is what he used to be.

Also Rodgers is toxic. I wanted us to trade for him when he was available, but man I'm glad we didn't. This dude is more drama more than anything. He's never happy!

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, let's be real... Aaron Rodgers is basically the OC. There's nothing he's asking for offensively that isn't being implemented. I just don't know why so many people were convinced a 40 year old future 1st ballot HOF QB coming off an Achilles injury was going to magically transform an offense with plenty of other problems. That always struck me as a considerable long shot of a bet.

He isn't playing awful, in fairness. He just seems to be off script with the receivers and then he starts pressing and making mistakes.

It doesn't help that he does the standard Rodgers pouting when things aren't going his way. His chemistry with the rest of the offense seems terrible.

• Pie 2

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

May actually be the right call, but I could agree that it may be premature.

Doesn't exactly speak well of Aaron Rodgers though, does it?

It's probably better for Saleh. That ship isn't likely to be righted.

Watch them name Hackett the interim and the full Rodgers takeover be completed.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Wouldn't mind picking him up as dc if we scapegoat evero lol

He had 49ers defense rolling 

I haven't looked closely enough at them to make a true judgment, but I did have a sense that the 49er defense was loaded with talent thanks to Adam Peters. 

I guess it becomes a question of how much of it was really Saleh.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

My thoughts exactly. I think Canales and Saleh know each other pretty well.

If Evero gets sacrificial lamb'd at the end of the year (Even though I honestly don't know what more he could do with the talent he was given to start with, only to have it all get injured and have to work with the 3rd and 4th stringers) I wouldn't mind Money bags Tepper tossing as much money as possible to bring him on board as DC.

It's not fair.  But, going by what we've seen from Tepper, Evero will 100% be scapegoated for this season's failure.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I haven't looked closely enough at them to make a true judgment, but I did have a sense that the 49er defense was loaded with talent thanks to Adam Peters. 

I guess it becomes a question of how much of it was really Saleh.

Yeah Wilks did pretty good as well.