• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jets fire Robert Saleh

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, he's 20-36 overall. It's clearly not working.

Yeah, but sacking him now isn't going to miraculously make the Jets better overnight. Should have just waited until Black Monday at the end of the season.

• Pie 3

17 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

First firing of the season... Potential DC candidate if Evero doesn't survive at the end of the season?

My thoughts exactly. I think Canales and Saleh know each other pretty well.

If Evero gets sacrificial lamb'd at the end of the year (Even though I honestly don't know what more he could do with the talent he was given to start with, only to have it all get injured and have to work with the 3rd and 4th stringers) I wouldn't mind Money bags Tepper tossing as much money as possible to bring him on board as DC.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Who is the next firing?

Doug Pederson?

Nick Sirianni?

Brian DaBoll?

I can see the next midseason firing being Pederson.

Sirianni potentially at the end of the year.

I think Daboll is a good coach who gets the most out of his players and the limited talent that roster possesses.

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, Burnout189 said:

Yeah, but sacking him now isn't going to miraculously make the Jets better overnight. Should have just waited until Black Monday at the end of the season.

Probably not but they might as well find out. Rodgers was clearly a win now move so if your current coach isn't helping with that and you know you're ready to move on going forward you might a well move on now and hope for a spark from new leadership. I get the move. It makes sense for them given their situation.

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

I'm not sure why they even brought him back for this year. I just assumed the media was the only people slurping up the Jets hype.

I mean he did transform them into an exceptional defensive team. He just never got an OC worth a fug, IMO.

And Nathaniel Hackett, the Rodgers picked dude, is likely what got him fired.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

My thoughts exactly. I think Canales and Saleh know each other pretty well.

If Evero gets sacrificial lamb'd at the end of the year (Even though I honestly don't know what more he could do with the talent he was given to start with, only to have it all get injured and have to work with the 3rd and 4th stringers) I wouldn't mind Money bags Tepper tossing as much money as possible to bring him on board as DC.

We would probably have to make him the highest paid DC in NFL history to get him here, TBH.

That dude can basically pick his DC job anywhere in the NFL.

This is likely the worst possible landing spot.