• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best and worst PFF grades from Panthers' Week 5 loss to Bears

Best of the offense

1. WR Jalen Coker: 83.3
2. QB Bryce Young: 80.5
3. LT Ikem Ekwonu: 70.0
4. RT Taylor Moton: 67.2
5. WR Xavier Legette: 64.3

Coker reeled in four passes on four targets for a team-high 68 receiving yards. Quarterback Bryce Young also took advantage of his opportunities, earning the the second-highest PFF grade of his career—albeit in just nine snaps.

Ekwonu and Moton combined to allow four pressures.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Worst of the offense

17. RB Raheem Blackshear: 49.5
18. WR Jonathan Mingo: 49.0
19. C Austin Corbett: 46.0
20. TE Ja’Tavion Sanders: 42.0
21. TE Tommy Tremble: 33.6

Mingo, who went for 37 yards on two grabs, registered one drop. Sanders (three receptions, 13 yards) was charged with two.

Worst of the defense

14. OLB Jadeveon Clowney: 54.1
15. OLB Charles Harris: 49.6
16. DT T.J. Smith: 43.2
17. OLB Tarron Jackson: 41.9
18. DT A’Shawn Robinson: 33.4

Per usual, the Panthers defense had difficulty generating a pass rush. Clowney, Harris and Jackson combined for four pressures.

Best of the defense

1. NT Shy Tuttle: 86.7
2. S Xavier Woods: 75.1
3. ILB Claudin Cherelus: 73.3
4. CB Jaycee Horn: 63.5
5. ILB Trevin Wallace: 62.9

Tuttle was superb in standing up to Chicago’s ground attack, earning a season-high 88.7 mark against the run. He and Woods notched two stops apiece.

Wallace amassed a team-high 15 tackles in his very first NFL start. Five of those accounted as stops.

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/lists/panthers-bears-week-5-2024-pff-grades/

10 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

That A’Shawn Robinson 3 year contract looking like a waste. Clowney, Wonnum, and Jewell along with the garbage safeties we signed as well.

First two weeks he looked great. he was never supposed to be the focal point, but injuries have ruined the DL. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I like seeing Croker and Wallace up there and then it all goes down hill. Damn Corbett had his come back to earth game and then got IRed. Tremble should be out a while and Sanders needs to play better than Ian freaking Thomas. So Tuttle had a good game and Robinson was the worst graded player on D? I didn't even know Cherelus was on the roster lol. 

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

I like seeing Croker and Wallace up there and then it all goes down hill. Damn Corbett had his come back to earth game and then got IRed. Tremble should be out a while and Sanders needs to play better than Ian freaking Thomas. So Tuttle had a good game and Robinson was the worst graded player on D? I didn't even know Cherelus was on the roster lol. 

I dont know this, it is a guess. Cobrett likely got injured many plays before and kept playing until he figured out this was something you cannot play with. He said it was during a pile push, but most OLmen always have some sort of injury. Bicep is weird, cause I believe christ finished the game and got checked out and they were "You are done for the season". Many have all sort of tears and sprains etc, but braces and drugs "My arm feels good enough". 

I swear this team needs a new greg olsen. (who doesnt..) Sanders is just too green, poor tremble that was brutal. Tuttle played like a fresh rested player. Cherelus was a 2023 wavier claim form the jets and stuck around. I think hes 25 years old and like most LB build like a truck. 

• Pie 2

23 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I dont know this, it is a guess. Cobrett likely got injured many plays before and kept playing until he figured out this was something you cannot play with. He said it was during a pile push, but most OLmen always have some sort of injury. Bicep is weird, cause I believe christ finished the game and got checked out and they were "You are done for the season". Many have all sort of tears and sprains etc, but braces and drugs "My arm feels good enough". 

I swear this team needs a new greg olsen. (who doesnt..) Sanders is just too green, poor tremble that was brutal. Tuttle played like a fresh rested player. Cherelus was a 2023 wavier claim form the jets and stuck around. I think hes 25 years old and like most LB build like a truck. 

Sanders is another project and unfortunately most don't work out. I like him and hope he makes it but he needs lots of work. I'm not mad at him just was hoping for a better learning curve with the reps he has had. I would settle for a guy who could unseat Thomas but it keeps not happening. 

• Pie 1