• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your 2024-2025 Carolina Hurricanes Roster

Anybodyhome

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• My point is they were looking at the whole year with Bryce, and into the future.  Legette is really a great guy to run down and compete for a ball with a DB. He (Bryce) couldn't complete poo down field (in 2023). The back was because he has the receiving skills. That is what set him apart (besides the ACL rehab).  My view of it was he (Bryce) needed to be trending up and showing he could do something the second half of the season. I certainly didn't expect to win a lot under any circumstances, considering the multiple factors including a new offensive system, so competing early wasn't something I expected to do.   If you look at it that way it might be more understandable than the view that places top priority on winning games out of the gate. This was always going to be a learning year. The complaining about that wasn't realistic to me. Inconsistent with reality. People put unreasonable expectations about winning, while predicting we'd maybe win 4 or 5 games. It was a little illogical.  Bro, I have watched just like you have, the steady decline year by year, under Tepper's yoke. We weren't winning so take care of your business that gets you competitive and pointing up at year's end. Max expectations on my end. Honestly it was all about suffering through what we had to, and allowing Young to show what he was. I knew or thought I knew, but poo necessitated that other people be convinced.
    • Yep-It was. Heck..Plenty here were thinking we should shore up the OL or DL if the top WRs were gone.  Or maybe a DB.  Not only that, but Ladd was available at WR, Newton was available at DL, Frazier, P-J, Kneeland, talent was there and we reached for a guy many had reported was around 70ish overall and at least a 3rd round grade for many teams. Did the same exact thing with Mingo a year prior over legit WR talent in Jayden Reed and Rashee Rice. Also had JuJu Brents, Branch, Tuli RIGHT f’n there for us. 
    • XL can become the best friend of a strong armed gunslinger QB. Let him go deep and jump ball against the CB. DC wants him to be his Evans/DK. Bryce would have been better with a Ladd quick short route runner. I think DC was building an offense for a traditional QB in case the Young experiment fails which it looks like it is…