• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How Are You Doing as a Fan??

Hoenheim

34 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Side note - I hated the switch to the 3-4 defense. I don't think this team has ever fielded a worthwhile 3-4. Go back to 4-3 please.

They did when Dom was the head coach. Since then it's been a disaster. 

For me its like the stock market................if I'm fully invested and the market (team) is doing well then I pay close attention to what is going on and enjoy the ride.

However, if the market (team) is in trouble or bearish then I've cashed out and sit on the sidelines not paying much attention to it until something gets a rally going back to a bull market...............and much like the stock market this team can be the same.........

That stated if this team was the market then I'm out and not paying much attention until something happens in the future for now..........and whatever time it takes to get back in the swing of things........(ahem) if ever with Big Brain as the owner......

Personally not too bad. I think having a coach I believe can turn this thing around is great. I was only hoping to see improvement offensively. It's a little better then I hope TBH, it seems like Canales and Idzik know how to tailor an offense for the QB. That in turn makes me feel better about them getting an opportunity to bring their guy in at QB ( whenever that is, I'd imagine in the next 2 years ). 

Defense is just thin and getting thinner, hard to control that. Off loading Burns was the right move.  I would imagine that next off season will be focused on fixing the defensive side as much as possible. Which brings me to Dan Morgan. I just got a soft spot for him so I am a little bias in my rooting for him. I think he did a pretty good job all things considered. Draft was solid, not amazing. Free Agency I liked what they did for the most part ( can't remember it all lol ), I don't think we were going to sign any all stars this year but hopefully the role players we got can shine as we add some talent next to them next year. One thing I think we will get from Morgan is more value on tape vs analytics, which I think has really sunk our drafts/FAs over the last few years. 

Basically I believe we have a good foundation to build on here. Players are in on the coach and he looks like he has the vision and ability to create an identity here and I think Dan Morgan is alright. 

1 hour ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Side note - I hated the switch to the 3-4 defense. I don't think this team has ever fielded a worthwhile 3-4. Go back to 4-3 please.

Teppers bent on being the Steelers defense with more data driven decisions. 34 isn't going anywhere. Closest we'll get to a 43 again is a 33 or 35 stack like Snow ran.

We are seeing  the result of

1. Multiple coaches,  during Tepper,  throwing multiple philosophies against the wall to see if it would stick   It  isn’t  just offense  it is defense as well  

2 in turn, scouting and talent evaluation failures trying to answer  on that moving philosophy   They cant 

3. Finally, Relying too much on analytics instead of the eye test, on field performance, and just as importantly, does the player have the heart  for what is a  52 week job in the nfl and that includes constant training snd rehab

4  the final domino of 1 trough 3 has fallen……the domino of poor drafting and free agency 

i see no way out of this as the lack of talent is obvious 

as for me, ive stopped caring. A bad owner cannot be fixed 

if the franchise is lucky, 4 years minimum and thats if Tepper stays with  Canales  and Morgan 

Bottom line, if the foundation is poor, the house falls. The house has fallen   There is no foundation so accept it. Watch the Panthers occasionally but honestly, watch the good teams and you will know how bad this team is  and how pointlessly it is to invest in them

sad to say these things

enjoy the fall and the holidays 

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

They did when Dom was the head coach. Since then it's been a disaster. 

Unless you’re loaded with all pro/ pro bowl talent, it’s always a disaster. You need lock down corners and a stupid stable of pass rushers with other worldly DTs. Either way it’s exciting… usually for the wrong team. 

2 hours ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

The game was poetic.  The Bears used our #1 pick and DJ Moore to absolutely decimate a defense that is horribly depleted because of all the other picks we had to give them just to have the QB we got in exchange sit on the bench.  It was beautiful in a way.  A true full circle moment.

This rendered even funnier by the initial selling point for said quarterback was that he'd be so great you wouldn't need to get elite weapons for him.