• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How Are You Doing as a Fan??

Hoenheim

1 hour ago, Jaxel said:

I think the hardest part as a fan is there is nothing to get excited about. No young QB prospect showing some promise. No banger defense or offensive player that is must watch. Chuba Hubbard is probably the most exciting player on the team, and he's likely gone next year. 

I need something to get excited about, unfortunately there is nothing. This is why selecting someone like Sheduer, and all the media attention that coming with him, might be what the Panthers need, because there is just no excitement at all. Even though that's not what I would want, I could get the attraction to it.

So much this. I said in the game thread yesterday, but this is a desiccated husk of a franchise with a barren roster. Even when there are things to feel somewhat excited about such as Legette looking like an NFL WR last week or the OL being amazing, it's already destroyed just a week later by injuries (I'd be shocked if Corbett isn't done for the year with a torn biceps tendon). It's just a revolving door of faces with no real core in the roster or coaching staff worth building upon.

The only thing that even remotely compares to the 2023 and 2024 seasons is probably the 2010 season (I've only been a fan since 2003 so I can't speak on seasons prior to that one). 

I remember in 2010 I watched all the games and just laughing at Clausen the whole time. But at least we got Cam Newton right after that season.  I got more hype for games in 2011 than any other season minus 03 and 15. Just the way cam exploded on the scene immediately had me so excited. 

I have no clue how I can get that feeling again. Wed probably need a new qb. I feel like Bryce is the reverse of what I just described and Dalton is an old vet and obviously not the future.

I don't even think we can bank on drafting a qb next year even with pick #1. Canales and Morgan might want to do a slow complete rebuild and focus on other areas of the team first.  Which means it could be multiple years for me to get that excitement again, which is depressing as hell. 

Maybe we'll at least draft some blue chip players that can get me somewhat interested again. Because right now, all we really have is Chubba and I doubt he'll be here next year with an expiring contract and panthers just drafting Jonathan Brooks in R2 last year.

I'm good. Went from emotionally invested during the Cam years to mildly curious currently. Still will watch the games when convenient, but no longer schedule my Sundays around it and will skip watching if there is something else I need/want to do. TBH I am more invested in my fantasy football team at this point.

My concerns started when Tepper retained Ron and Marty for 2019, were heightened to alarm levels by the Rhule hire, and I hit 'just friend' when Rhule was retained in 2022. Now basically entirely apathetic, but that is also aided by the giant turn-off that is the NFL's monster push toward gambling.

Love the players themselves giving it their all, but I was a diehard since '95 and the current ownership and decision-making has completely killed my investment.

• Pie 1

I've gone from 'watch every game, heart palpitating when it starts, depressed for days after a loss' to 'oh wait, the Panthers played today, let me go check to see who won...or, more likely, how bad we lost.'

I hope to eventually get back to at least some portion of the previous position (less palpitations as I get older though) but it won't be for several years. I'm one of those who's never had faith in our coaching or FO. Same ol', same ol. Oh look! We started the game with a run up the middle for no gain again. Wow.

As long as they keep trying to get the new, shiny object like Young they'll never be good. One injury at any position and they don't have a solid backup. I'd prefer every spot on the roster to be a 2nd, 3rd or 4th round pick so when someone goes down, it truly is 'next man up' but the mentality of the NFL right now is for shiny objects.

I don’t plan my Sunday afternoon on them like I would when they were competitive. It’s kind of nice because we have a new baby so I’d probably be in the same boat if they were good. I just want some young guys to develop so we can build on something next year. We should get a premium draft pick to build on as well plus DB healthy again. 

The game was poetic.  The Bears used our #1 pick and DJ Moore to absolutely decimate a defense that is horribly depleted because of all the other picks we had to give them just to have the QB we got in exchange sit on the bench.  It was beautiful in a way.  A true full circle moment.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1