• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Travis Hunter hype thread

With injuries mounting all over the roster and an increasingly depleted defense, Travis Hunter is a luxury we just can’t afford. We need foundation pieces e.g. DL, DE/Edge, IOL (Corbitt lost for the season, no heir apparent or depth), ILB, etc. Fortunately the 2025 draft is stocked with players at these positions that can help us. Hunter is a phenomenal player but let’s not lose sight of where we are and build intelligently to get better for the long haul. 

Edited by Prowler2k18

1 hour ago, tukafan21 said:

And posts like this are exactly why I keep screaming into the void, because it's just flat out wrong.  Yes, Hunter is a generational player, it is clear as day, no question about it, period.

But he is a generational COLLEGIATE talent, NOT a generational NFL prospect, there is a very very very big difference.  The level he's playing at on both sides of the ball has never been seen before, but it's also not something that has a single ounce of impact on his NFL prospects.

The Golden Calf of Bristol was a generational collegiate talent, Cam Newton was a generational collegiate talent, only one of them was an elite NFL prospect, you can be one without being the other.

Hell, I'm not even saying T-Mac is a better NFL prospect than Hunter is a CB prospect.  I'm not saying he isn't either, I'm just not an NFL draft expert enough to differentiate elite players at different positions to determine who is the better prospect in general.

But we have Horn already and you can find solid starting CB's in free agency or even later rounds of the draft.

You can't find 6'5", 215 lbs WRs with the hands, speed, and agility that T-Mac has, he's darn near a unicorn, there are only a handful of WR's in the league with a similar combination of what he brings.  Combine that with our best WR under contract for next season being Legette and how long we've tried and failed to find a true outside #1 WR, he's the CLEAR pick for our team over any CB.

I'd also take a true elite pass rushing prospect over Hunter if one separates himself as being that kind of elite prospect as well, as it's more of a need for our team than a CB is at this current moment.  But even then, I'd still take T-Mac over that type of player as well, I'm that convinced that he's going to be a Top 5 type of WR in the league for the next decade.

I said this in a previous thread, we've had a lot of great players in my time as a Wildcat, some have panned out, others I felt strongly about ended up as busts (Kadeem Carey was one I thought would be a star and just wasn't close).  But there have only been 2 that I've felt this way about, that they were can't miss sure fire NFL superstars who will end up in Canton.

T-Mac and Gronkowski, and I'd say I was pretty right on the other, I can't say T-Mac will end up as the best WR of all time like Gronk did at TE of course, that would be crazy to say, but I feel the same way about him coming out of school as I did Gronk.

I can find another Tmac , you don’t find too many Hunters and i love t Mac . Me or you won’t know until Hunter suits up in the league . This draft next year is loaded it’ll be hard to make a wrong move and I’ll be dumb to try and poo on t Mac to prove my point. I think you should watch Hunter more he changes games . We need a culture changing type player and they are rare . Hunter is that kind of prospect to me . My opinion . 

1 hour ago, tukafan21 said:

And posts like this are exactly why I keep screaming into the void, because it's just flat out wrong.  Yes, Hunter is a generational player, it is clear as day, no question about it, period.

But he is a generational COLLEGIATE talent, NOT a generational NFL prospect, there is a very very very big difference.  The level he's playing at on both sides of the ball has never been seen before, but it's also not something that has a single ounce of impact on his NFL prospects.

The Golden Calf of Bristol was a generational collegiate talent, Cam Newton was a generational collegiate talent, only one of them was an elite NFL prospect, you can be one without being the other.

Hell, I'm not even saying T-Mac is a better NFL prospect than Hunter is a CB prospect.  I'm not saying he isn't either, I'm just not an NFL draft expert enough to differentiate elite players at different positions to determine who is the better prospect in general.

But we have Horn already and you can find solid starting CB's in free agency or even later rounds of the draft.

You can't find 6'5", 215 lbs WRs with the hands, speed, and agility that T-Mac has, he's darn near a unicorn, there are only a handful of WR's in the league with a similar combination of what he brings.  Combine that with our best WR under contract for next season being Legette and how long we've tried and failed to find a true outside #1 WR, he's the CLEAR pick for our team over any CB.

I'd also take a true elite pass rushing prospect over Hunter if one separates himself as being that kind of elite prospect as well, as it's more of a need for our team than a CB is at this current moment.  But even then, I'd still take T-Mac over that type of player as well, I'm that convinced that he's going to be a Top 5 type of WR in the league for the next decade.

I said this in a previous thread, we've had a lot of great players in my time as a Wildcat, some have panned out, others I felt strongly about ended up as busts (Kadeem Carey was one I thought would be a star and just wasn't close).  But there have only been 2 that I've felt this way about, that they were can't miss sure fire NFL superstars who will end up in Canton.

T-Mac and Gronkowski, and I'd say I was pretty right on the other, I can't say T-Mac will end up as the best WR of all time like Gronk did at TE of course, that would be crazy to say, but I feel the same way about him coming out of school as I did Gronk.

Id love for you to find me another Travis Hunter . Receivers are easier to find than cbs esp late rd . If we draft Hunter we need to make him a full time cb and a playmaker wr with packages . Win win 

6 minutes ago, VintagePanther said:

I can find another Tmac , you don’t find too many Hunters and i love t Mac . Me or you won’t know until Hunter suits up in the league . This draft next year is loaded it’ll be hard to make a wrong move and I’ll be dumb to try and poo on t Mac to prove my point. I think you should watch Hunter more he changes games . We need a culture changing type player and they are rare . Hunter is that kind of prospect to me . My opinion . 

You want win with him.

He somehow made this topic about Tmac.

He's a Arizona diehard I can't blame him, but cmon Tuka you can't get on people because they like Hunter as a prospect. It's fine for other players to get praised. We all recognize Tmac is the best WR in the draft. You don't have to remind us.

1 hour ago, Prowler2k18 said:

With injuries mounting all over the roster and an increasingly depleted defense, Travis Hunter is a luxury we just can’t afford. We need foundation pieces e.g. DL, DE/Edge, IOL (Corbitt lost for the season, no heir apparent or depth), ILB, etc. Fortunately the 2025 draft is stocked with players at these positions that can help us. Hunter is a phenomenal player but let’s not lose sight of where we are and build intelligently to get better for the long haul. 

At this point you throw all that out and take BPA. What we sorely need are actual NFL starting caliber players. There are extremely few of those on the roster and less than 5 that will likely be here in two seasons. 

Just start building with players. Not dumb reaches, actual players. If it fills a critical need, fine. If not, no big deal. Just get some actual talent on the roster for a change. 

If we start there, a couple of drafts from now we might have the luxury of trying to fill actual roster needs.

44 minutes ago, VintagePanther said:

41 minutes ago, VintagePanther said:

Id love for you to find me another Travis Hunter . Receivers are easier to find than cbs esp late rd . If we draft Hunter we need to make him a full time cb and a playmaker wr with packages . Win win 

I've watched plenty of Hunter, I'm an Arizona alum so have seen plenty of him last year and this year with them being in our conference.  That's why I'm so steadfast in saying he's a much better CB prospect than a WR at the next level, as I've seen more than enough of his games to make that judgement in my opinion.

I also watched when Hunter covered T-Mac last year when we played and he torched him for over 100 yards and scored a TD on him.  Which to be honest, is part of the reason I'm so adamant about T-Mac over Hunter, they've played before and Hunter couldn't come close to covering him, that's not insignificant.

Also if you want a culture setter, you should read up more on T-Mac and our QB, they're the literal definition of culture setters.

Our HC left for Washington and the assumption was that T-Mac and our QB would follow them, along with the majority of our good players.  But almost the entire team ended up staying, 100% because of the two of them, the entire team followed their lead and stayed.  Not to mention they both turned down NIL money this year so it could go to other teammates to help keep them happy and to get more guys to stay at Arizona instead of transferring out, THAT is the type of guy I want on my team.

And while WRs in general are able to be found, not ones with his size and agility.  That's what I keep going back to and why I want him so badly.  If he was a plodding big WR, it would be different, but he's not that at all, he really has a very unique blend of size and agility that is very rare to find.

And you saying "find me another Hunter" is exactly my point.  There isn't another Hunter in college, he's a literal unicorn because of his 2 way play.  But like I keep saying, that has literally zero bearing on his NFL draft prospects as he'll be on one side or the other.  Even being a top end CB prospect, he's not a unicorn that we haven't seen before, there's basically the same type of elite CB prospect (or two) in near every draft.

Edited by tukafan21