• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The worst defense in the NFL

Jmac

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

It'd be one thing if just the pass rush was lacking but we can't stop the run either. When you can't stop the run and you can't rush the passer you're cooked. That's the whole ballgame on defense. You absolutely can't afford to suck at both.

Tepper can afford anything lol

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It'd be one thing if just the pass rush was lacking but we can't stop the run either. When you can't stop the run and you can't rush the passer you're cooked. That's the whole ballgame on defense. You absolutely can't afford to suck at both.

We could at least load the box to stop the run, we cannot generate any pass rush, without or with blitzes, every qb is about to get their career highlights against us at this rate 

2 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

We could at least load the box to stop the run, we cannot generate any pass rush, without or with blitzes, every qb is about to get their career highlights against us at this rate 

If we could stack the box and stop the run we'd do it. You have to be able to do one or the other. But when an opposing offense can just do whatever they want and keep you off balance you're cooked. You gotta be able to take something away from them 

I can't think of a Panthers defense that is as bad as this one. The tackling attempts are painful to watch. The slowness. Zero pass rush. Worst Panthers defense ever? I think so. 

On offense it really comes down to who we are playing. Tight defense in the secondary, good pass rush, good run defense, and we're cooked. Dalton isn't good enough to handle that, and we don't run the ball enough even when it's working. Canales wants to run a lot of his pass plays to try and scheme people open, but the Bears locked him up. That's when you run the ball if you know what's good for you.

• Beer 1

I haven't seen anything worse. 

Even expansion teams. I mean maybe the old Saints? The old old Saints with the bags. 

I don't there has been anything this bad for the Panthers not really close. 

I do think it will get marginally better, I mean they stuck Wallace out there and had him making the calls in his first start. A guy can't worry about his own play thinking that much. He probably would be thinking too much without have to make any calls in his first start. 

I have to say, I have been a supporter of him, but his locker room interview pissed me off. He wasn't mad, embarrassed, unhappy, that I could see. And that is what I needed to see. 

10 minutes ago, strato said:

I haven't seen anything worse. 

Even expansion teams. I mean maybe the old Saints? The old old Saints with the bags. 

I don't there has been anything this bad for the Panthers not really close. 

I do think it will get marginally better, I mean they stuck Wallace out there and had him making the calls in his first start. A guy can't worry about his own play thinking that much. He probably would be thinking too much without have to make any calls in his first start. 

I have to say, I have been a supporter of him, but his locker room interview pissed me off. He wasn't mad, embarrassed, unhappy, that I could see. And that is what I needed to see. 

Our defense is severely lacking in talent, but I'm glad you brought up the incompetence due to inexperience. I should have mentioned that icing on the cake.

Horn was fired up, but he's not exactly what he once was in his prime. Not saying he isn't still young and talented, but he's not exactly the same imo. I like his passion though and he's our best defender.