• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why even be mad at about this one?

Diehardpanth02

14 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I am not being dramatic. Name one instance of a worst to first in the last 20 years with a roster as bad as this.

I don't think you realize or accept how bad this roster is. 

In last 25 years I’d say the 2001 Panthers were 1-15 & went to Super Bowl 38 in 2003.

Drafted Dan Morgan, Kris Jenkins and Steve Smith in ‘01…already had Moose, Minter and Rucker.  ‘02 drafted Peppers Deshaun Foster. Picked up Stephen Davis Ricky Proehl and Jake Delhomme in the following ‘03 offseason while drafting Jordan Gross & Ricky Manning Jr.  John Fox was a solid coaching hire for the era prior to defensive rule changes.

Saying I’ve seen it happen, also acknowledging how much has to go right for that to occur.  Highly unlikely scenario but possible. 

14 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

It's a 2 year fix if you have an average NFL roster. It's not a 2 year fix if you have a bottom 5 NFL roster. As I said, those type of turnarounds are not at all common.

Houston was about the worst team in 2022 (Bears also had 3 wins). Detroit was likely the worst team from 2019-2021 with 11 wins total. 2 years after 3 win seasons, both teams were playoff teams and look to be playoff contenders for a while.

Both of them had solid drafts during their low periods. They also got rid of people for picks during that period to make it easier to draft well. We did the opposite and traded away good picks so 2 years is likely 3 for us but unless Brooks really is amazing, our 2024 draft isn’t cutting it for great drafting. We need legit great drafting. We need a Myles Garrett or a CJ Stroud with our top pick in 2025.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Lmao said:

In last 25 years I’d say the 2001 Panthers were 1-15 & went to Super Bowl 38 in 2003.

Drafted Dan Morgan, Kris Jenkins and Steve Smith in ‘01…already had Moose, Minter and Rucker.  ‘02 drafted Peppers Deshaun Foster. Picked up Stephen Davis Ricky Proehl and Jake Delhomme in the following ‘03 offseason while drafting Jordan Gross & Ricky Manning Jr.  John Fox was a solid coaching hire for the era prior to defensive rule changes.

Saying I’ve seen it happen, also acknowledging how much has to go right for that to occur.  Highly unlikely scenario but possible. 

Fair point but that 2001 roster was already better than this roster, I would argue.

34 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don’t think 9-8 is realistic two year expectation for us, if I am being honest.

It’s not considering the current returns on the 2024 class. 9-8 is possible in 2026 if we have amazing draft classes. Houston getting Stroud, Anderson and Dell in one class made a huge jump. CJ turned Nico into Nico as well that year. Detroit showed some life in 2022, but also added Campbell, Gibbs, La Porta and Branch in the 2023 draft as well and that jumped them to a 12 win contender.

We could easily have had Stroud and Dell but we got Young and Mingo. It’s a fine line between poo and diamonds and we for some reason still seem intent on digging through poo.