• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why even be mad at about this one?

I got annoyed at Mingo stinking it up yesterday just because it's so predictable that he would be a bust. That's as close to getting mad as I got.

I was watching with other fans so I mainly just had a good time roasting the team and laughing. I watch with casual interest rather than living or dying with their success. After last season, I knew this was going to get a lot worse before it got better.

As I said literally last season, I don't see a winning season until at least 2030. We are too far from having the talent to do that and we don't appear to have improved(IMO) enough in the FO to make that change happen.

So the path to winning football is likely to be at least one more overhaul away.

• Pie 2

Can’t say I’m mad either. I think we all knew this season was a wash. The roster has been terribly mismanaged since Tepper purchased the team and the chickens have come home to roost. It’s going to take us several years to get back to relevancy. Might as well accept it for what it is and endure the process. 

• Beer 1

What's sad is yesterday was a HUGE display of what we gave up for Bryce, and that return has not been very good right now.

From the moment that Tepper came in and tossed out Ron and Cam, this team has been lost.  We actually downgraded from Hurney in the GM department.  We have been a model of impatience and ineptitude since Tepper took over.

Who remembers those halcyon days of Teddy two gloves?  Or the run until they bleed Steve Wilks?  Just so many bad decisions made, and the buck stops with Tepper.

Now is there an overnight solution?  I don't think so.  Basically, we need to gather as much talent as we can.  We need to be sellers at he trade deadline.  As much as I hate to lose a guy like Chubba, RBs are almost never worth their 2nd contract.  Any expiring contract should be up for sale.  This year is going to be a crap show no matter which way you cut it up.  

What is it cross fitters say?  Embrace the suck?

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I wanted the win. We all did.

Tepper needed the loss. It was a huge kick in the brass colored balls.

I mean what a perfect encapsulation of what his meddling can produce.

I hope it hurt.

Agree 💯 and for the entire season.  Maybe now he’ll see the team as it really is - a hot mess - and take the hard lesson of letting the right people make football decisions without interference. We can only hope!

4 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

Can’t say I’m mad either. I think we all knew this season was a wash. The roster has been terribly mismanaged since Tepper purchased the team and the chickens have come home to roost. It’s going to take us several years to get back to relevancy. Might as well accept it for what it is and endure the process. 

I really am perplexed anytime someone argues with me about it taking multiple offseasons to fix this roster's talent issue. I just cannot fathom how anyone cannot see this. We are utterly devoid of talent, core players, winning culture and talent that we drafted. But people think this is a 1-2 year turnaround??? LOL. How?? Even if we nailed every single move in the next two offseasons, that isn't enough to bridge the gap to this being a contending football team. 

Hence why I said what I said earlier this season, this is not rebuilding. This is building. There is quite literally only two players on our roster that extend back to Rivera's culture. There are zero drafted players on this roster who have experienced anything but losing and chaos. The rest of this roster is a hodgepodge assortment of journeymen. These aren't culture instilling players. Frankie Luvu was a guy like that and he wanted out of here ASAP. What should that tell everyone?

This isn't rebuilding. The foundation is completely removed. This is building. And there is no expansion draft to magically fix our roster.

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Not mad but disappointed in the coaching. DC should be calling a run first offense and he keeps doing what he wants vs what he should. Evero's D is sloppy. Yes it should be lacking in talent given the situation but that doesn't excuse how those guys play.

I'm fine with losing if they can be competitive but yesterday they were not.

I would agree with this. Chuba should have had more touches early, I mean he dipped on a 40 harder like his 2nd or 3rd touch. We abandoned it for the screen passes bc Dalton was getting pressured.

It's a learning curve though, and as for Everyone. Dude doesn't have anything but his Dbs left. Our Defense is all injured.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Diehardpanth02 said:

I would agree with this. Chuba should have had more touches early, I mean he dipped on a 40 harder like his 2nd or 3rd touch. We abandoned it for the screen passes bc Dalton was getting pressured.

It's a learning curve though, and as for Everyone. Dude doesn't have anything but his Dbs left. Our Defense is all injured.

DC is known for being pass first and pass happy. It's a bad approach given the match up and just flat out how the team is built. He allowed them to get ahead and make his best offensive option meaningless. Let the running game open up the passing and not the other way around.

I agree about the learning curve. Failing is one thing but not adapting is much worse, especially for a guy who was really green like DC. Evero I don't know. The CBs look solid except Hill but the safety play has been worse with Scott in there. I'm watching some breakdowns today because I know I missed stuff.