• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coker

MHS831

8 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

What’s the problem with Air Raid guys?  Not disagreeing with you, just need some education.  What am i missing?  Thanks.

A lot of those offenses in college just train you to be a zombie. I am painting with a broad stroke here so don't take this as anything that is 100%. The scheme allows technically less adept players to also excel.

Hence why you see a guy like Mingo look good in that kind of offense in college. But he is a sloppy route runner and has poor hands.

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Hence why you see a guy like Mingo look good in that kind of offense in college. But he is a sloppy route runner and has poor hands.

I was looking at his college highlights and he was a sloppy route runner there too.  Our scouting department just sucks

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, NAS said:

I was looking at his college highlights and he was a sloppy route runner there too.  Our scouting department just sucks

Or coaches--but some people are not coachable.  By that I mean that there are players who accept coaching during the week, but put them in a game, and they fall back on old habits. 

• Beer 2

17 hours ago, MHS831 said:

He knows how to get open--it seems.  Smart kid

He can find the open spots in the middle of zones. It's amazing how underappreciated that particular talent is. 9-14 yard receptions when needed, nothing highlight reel worthy but integral to building a winning team.

Put him in the slot, let him learn from Thielen and let him get the starter reps. Guys like that can have great, long careers. Doesn't matter if the guy is from Holy Cross or Notre Dame, his resume is being built on the field.

I kept watching him make those catches yesterday and thought he reminded me of 2003 Ricky Proehl. A fellow could do well to follow in those footsteps.

• Pie 3

Just now, Khyber53 said:

He can find the open spots in the middle of zones. It's amazing how underappreciated that particular talent is. 9-14 yard receptions when needed, nothing highlight reel worthy but integral to building a winning team.

Put him in the slot, let him learn from Thielen and let him get the starter reps. Guys like that can have great, long careers. Doesn't matter if the guy is from Holy Cross or Notre Dame, his resume is being built on the field.

I kept watching him make those catches yesterday and thought he reminded me of 2003 Ricky Proehl. A fellow could do well to follow in those footsteps.

These are my thoughts as well.  a possession slot WR--Coker, as whtih Thielen and Proehl, has a brain.  That is so important for a WR--you know where the DBs are going to be, what the QB wants you to do, etc.

• Pie 2

36 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Most recently he reminded me of Puka Nakua.  On the Rams he would probably light it up 

• Pie 1

Coker and Wallace were the only 2 bright spots from yesterday.

Coker looked like he could be WR3, and Wallace (despite a few rookie bumps), looked like he could be our starting MLB (and I'm definitely on board with going back to a 4-3 and think Wallace can be even better in a 4-3)

The only thing positive I can say about Mingo is he has been good as a run blocker so far.  He's not a good receiver.

Coker should get more reps from Mingo going forward. 

It's interesting (and sad) that 2 of the better WR's we've drafted in the past decade or so were UDFA's (Coker & Philly Brown), while we've busted on so many guys drafted high 

You guys know why Legette was chosen. We needed a guy that can compete with defensive for balls thrown by an inaccurate weak armed QB. 

5 games. Hurt in camp and growth somewhat slowed, and then the Bryce factor was quicksand too. 

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

These are my thoughts as well.  a possession slot WR--Coker, as whtih Thielen and Proehl, has a brain.  That is so important for a WR--you know where the DBs are going to be, what the QB wants you to do, etc.

Pick smart, brave and gritty players. You'll never go too far wrong with them.

Stay away from divas and workout monsters.

• Beer 1

27 minutes ago, strato said:

You guys know why Legette was chosen. We needed a guy that can compete with defensive for balls thrown by an inaccurate weak armed QB. 

5 games. Hurt in camp and growth somewhat slowed, and then the Bryce factor was quicksand too. 

XL can become the best friend of a strong armed gunslinger QB. Let him go deep and jump ball against the CB. DC wants him to be his Evans/DK. Bryce would have been better with a Ladd quick short route runner. I think DC was building an offense for a traditional QB in case the Young experiment fails which it looks like it is…

• Pie 1