• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Crazy thought on next QB

jb2288

15 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah no way we fire Canales after 1 yr.

I called the Frank firing because it was obvious. Tepper won't be able to get any of the top guys if he fires another HC back to back after 1 season.

Canales is safe for at least 2 years you can take that to the bank!

Never underestimate how dumb our owner is.

15 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm thinking Canales is getting more credit than he deserves for being a "qb whisper". I'm call bs on that until it's proven otherwise. Right now he's on track to be fired in his first season. 

We all realized, or should have, how green he is. Asked to play call, to fix Bryce, and to learn how to be a HC.  Anyhow, my pitchfork is pointed at Young, and Tepper for dictating that all resources be thrown at floating that boat.

But the bottom line is I pledged patience for his first year. It is a horrible situation he came into, as well, with this QB clouding the picture. I like the way the offense looked once we could see it. It didn't look good against the first real strong D we faced, true. That is one of the moments I conceded to first year growing pains. Can't really lobby that it was good but can believe the evidence at season's end. When we have all of it.

You evaluate him on how he transitions away from Young

Edited by strato

4 minutes ago, strato said:

We all realized, or should have, how green he is. Asked to play call, to fix Bryce, and to learn how to be a HC.  Anyhow, my pitchfork is pointed at Young, and Tepper for dictating that all resources be thrown at floating that boat.

But the bottom line is I pledged patience for his first year. It is a horrible situation he came into, as well, with this QB clouding the picture. I like the way the offense looked once we could see it. It didn't look good against the first real strong D we faced, true. That is one of the moments I conceded to first year growing pains. Can't really lobby that it was good but can believe the evidence at season's end. When we have all of it.

You evaluate him on how he transitions away from Young

Like I've said before, Tepper calls the shots and he decides who deserves a chance, not fans.

Canales has just as much chance finishing out his contract as all who came before him. Which by count is 0% since Tepper took over. My money is on Tepper pulling the plug on yet another coach before his 1st season is over if the losing continues. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Like I've said before, Tepper calls the shots and he decides who deserves a chance, not fans.

Canales has just as much chance finishing out his contract as all who came before him. Which by count is 0% since Tepper took over. My money is on Tepper pulling the plug on yet another coach before his 1st season is over if the losing continues. 

So where is your money on Tepper absolving Bryce and continuing to make it about making him the guy? 

45 minutes ago, dxpanther said:

people out here crapping on front office decisions and then propose we get daniel jones to save us. incredible.

Who said anything about saving us? Buddy I got bad news for you if you think this thing gets turned around in a season or two 

11 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Who said anything about saving us? Buddy I got bad news for you if you think this thing gets turned around in a season or two 

yep that what we said after last season too but really the fanbase only gives a few games before they start getting the pitchforks and torches. so why is bringing in daniel jones a smart idea? lets start all over on another bad decision disaster? 

literally our only move right now is to ride out this terrible year and hope people can start getting healthy and more familiar with whatever system is in place and grow. find more "dawgs" in the offseason. 

Just now, dxpanther said:

yep that what we said after last season too but really the fanbase only gives a few games before they start getting the pitchforks and torches. so why is bringing in daniel jones a smart idea? lets start all over on another bad decision disaster? 

literally our only move right now is to ride out this terrible year and hope people can start getting healthy and more familiar with whatever system is in place and grow. find more "dawgs" in the offseason. 

Because we don’t have a QB for next year and will need to field one unless you want to trot BY back out there, and if we draft one I would hope we let that person sit for a season. Not saying it has to be Jones but we can’t just ignore the position for next season. I don’t think that changes anything about riding out this year 

15 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Because we don’t have a QB for next year and will need to field one unless you want to trot BY back out there, and if we draft one I would hope we let that person sit for a season. Not saying it has to be Jones but we can’t just ignore the position for next season. I don’t think that changes anything about riding out this year 

shoot i'll take andy over jones for next year. I dont see dalton getting a shot to start anywhere else and in an offense he's already familiar with. 

• Beer 1

18 hours ago, Jaxel said:

I would see if Canales can rehabilitate Zach Wilson if anything. I think Jones is gonna play himself into another year. He has picked it up the last 3 games.

Based on what Im seeing, we need to fix the defense. I really dont want to use a draft pick on a QB next year. I would rather bring in Zach Wilson or even Russell Wilson and have Bryce compete with them.

14 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

Based on what Im seeing, we need to fix the defense. I really dont want to use a draft pick on a QB next year. I would rather bring in Zach Wilson or even Russell Wilson and have Bryce compete with them.

I'd agree if you amended that to high draft pick. I think we need to start pouncing on someone with maybe points off here or there that drop them out of the top guys, perception wise. 

If a guy we like for investing a little time in is there, at the right price, go for it. 

There is no argument being made here, nor will there be, against fixing this defense.