• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Crazy thought on next QB

jb2288

Just now, Jon Snow said:

I don't think we have a say in it.  Tepper is going to Tepper. He will not sit through a 1-16 season without firing someone. You can take that to the bank. 

evero and his defensive staff will be fired at the end of this season as a scapegoat after tepper was the one who pushed canales to keep them

16 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah no way we fire Canales after 1 yr.

I called the Frank firing because it was obvious. Tepper won't be able to get any of the top guys if he fires another HC back to back after 1 season.

Canales is safe for at least 2 years you can take that to the bank!

Tepper can't get any of the top guys anyway. Canales wasn't a top guy. He hasn't been a very coach friendly owner across 2 sports. Big paydays are how he's going to get his next HC. 

29 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

That's not a crazy thought, it's just a bad one, Jones is a replacement level starter in this league, he's never going to be a guy you contend with, not worth going that route again.

My crazy thought would be to draft T-Mac in the 1st to give us a stud outside WR and then call up the Lions and trade for Hooker.

They took him before Goff really showed he's their QB for the forceable future and I could see them being open to trading Hooker.

I was intrigued with him before we made the trade up to #1 and he's probably gotten some great coaching from Ben Johnson as well, I'd be very interested in trading for him to start him all year.  It either works out and we have our new starting QB moving forward or it blows up in our faces and we end up with a Top 5 pick in a QB loaded draft.

Yeah I mean the whole point of this post is anyone would have said the exact same thing as your first paragraph about Geno and Baker before Canales got them 

30 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm thinking Canales is getting more credit than he deserves for being a "qb whisper". I'm call bs on that until it's proven otherwise. Right now he's on track to be fired in his first season. 

Unless there’s a scandal there’s 0% chance he gets fired this year. 

35 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm thinking Canales is getting more credit than he deserves for being a "qb whisper". I'm call bs on that until it's proven otherwise. Right now he's on track to be fired in his first season. 

Yea, isnt Baker having even better season this year?

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I will say - Baker has looked even better this year than last without Canales...

10 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I don't think we have a say in it.  Tepper is going to Tepper. He will not sit through a 1-16 season without firing someone. You can take that to the bank. 

If we fire anyone, it's likely to be Evero.  Not that I think he is at fault for the poor d, but he is the most likely candidate.