• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Boycott this sh… stuff

restNChrist

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I will continue to watch games because I am still a fan. As you said, the butts in the seat is such an insanely small portion of the NFL profits that it isn't relevant at all to Tepper's bottom line.

But, us not showing up will at least further embarrass him. Perhaps we will get some more incidents of him being heckled in his box by all the opposing fanbases in his stadium.

And hopefully he will do something worse that will force the other owners to agree to make him sell. Very wishful thinking from me unfortunately though...

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

him being heckled in his box by all the opposing fanbases in his stadium.

That's a LOT of drinks to spill...

For me, I'm still a fan.  I just bought a new Panthers hat on Saturday.  This has been my team long before Tepper bought it, and it will continue to be my team after he's dust.

It does suck that the team is so bad that my son is not interested in football at all.  But he's 12 so we all know his interests will change over time.  I didn't get rabid until I was 16 or so...

• Beer 1

Just now, PleaseCutStewart said:

And hopefully he will do something worse that will force the other owners to agree to make him sell. Very wishful thinking from me unfortunately though...

He won't but he is also a success driven egomaniac, so this will all hurt him. 

This is the one small glimmer of hope we have is that he doesn't appear to be happy about failure.

Snyder didn't want to fail but he meddled because it "wasn't fun" if he wasn't intimately involved. Guys like Modell were notoriously cheap. Michael Jordan is the perfect example, as he was never interested in winning if it cost him a dime of this money. Jerry Jones always believes he knows best, so he will never stop meddling, despite almost all his true success being authored by a far more knowledgeable football mind. 

So in that regard, perhaps we have a leg up on some of these scenarios....in theory. The question is whether he is capable of learning the NFL(doubtful), whether he is capable of eventually backing into a talented architect of a successful organization(doubtful) and maybe most importantly, if he can keep his hands off the product IF we do finally get the right building blocks in place. That last one seems highly doubtful. He amassed his fortune by doing his own thing and running it on his own. So all of his success has been defined by him being "the man." I don't see that being something easy to deprogram, especially for someone that is in his age range.