• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sticking with Dalton after Young shines late in loss by david newton

Toolbox

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Did you watch it? The D was playing soft with the QB change and it still looked like the same issues. Most of his career stats come when the D is playing soft in garbage time. That and the GB game where they looked like they had our D yesterday.

Apologies if my sarcasm was not evident. No, I did not watch it, as I was coaching my 11 yr old's flag football team. We have up far fewer points than Carolina did.

Edited by KSpan
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Apologies if my sarcasm was not evident. No, I did not watch it, as I was coaching my 11 yr old's flag football team. We have up far fewer points than Carolina did.

You definitely picked the better game to watch lol. I did not detect it so my apologies. 

I miss watching my nephew play flag ball. Now he is in HS and it's all basketball. Watching kids work on their plays with the wrist bands was so fun. Good luck in your next game!

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

You definitely picked the better game to watch lol. I did not detect it so my apologies. 

I miss watching my nephew play flag ball. Now he is in HS and it's all basketball. Watching kids work on their plays with the wrist bands was so fun. Good luck in your next game!

Thank you, we'll be playing for the bracket championship! Focus has been on teaching and prepping them for the jump to middle school tackle, so on defense (my side of the ball) we have strong/weak orientation, multiple coverages and formations including split field, blitz packages, and a bunch of pre-snap calls that other teams don't. It's a little out of place for flag and they sometimes make the painful mental mistakes that remind us they're still only 11, but our boys will be well ahead of the curve next year vs the kids on teams that just come out and rely on the best athlete to do his thing.

One mom jokingly said yesterday that she 'blamed me' for her son now constantly pausing NFL games on TV and talking about the coverage he was seeing 😄 Great feeling to help kids love the game at that level.

Back on topic though, no surprise that Bryce looked a little better in soft garbage time. He is no more than a really expensive low-ceiling project QB at this point.

• Flames 1

35 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Thank you, we'll be playing for the bracket championship! Focus has been on teaching and prepping them for the jump to middle school tackle, so on defense (my side of the ball) we have strong/weak orientation, multiple coverages and formations including split field, blitz packages, and a bunch of pre-snap calls that other teams don't. It's a little out of place for flag and they sometimes make the painful mental mistakes that remind us they're still only 11, but our boys will be well ahead of the curve next year vs the kids on teams that just come out and rely on the best athlete to do his thing.

One mom jokingly said yesterday that she 'blamed me' for her son now constantly pausing NFL games on TV and talking about the coverage he was seeing 😄 Great feeling to help kids love the game at that level.

Back on topic though, no surprise that Bryce looked a little better in soft garbage time. He is no more than a really expensive low-ceiling project QB at this point.

That's awesome! I loved seeing the kids excited and getting into the quality stuff so it's great to hear you getting kids to love the game!

Yeah it's where he shines, practice and garbage time when there are no blitzes or prevent D giving him a chance to throw past the LOS. His ceiling is so low it's frustrating to watch. I'm hoping it's to drum up a trade or something but I know they will roll him out there again this year even knowing he doesn't have what it takes to be a quality backup right now let alone a top 32 QB in the NFL. 

• Beer 1

Yes Bryce absolutely SHINED!!!  Keep pushing the narrative for other QB needy teams.  Miami, LA or whoever come on down and let the Panthers fleece another team for once. 

Edit:  He looked like the same old Bryce, running around like a chicken with his head cut off. 

Edited by gakonline
  • Beer 1