• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dalton Honeymoon Over

App Panther

People got way to excited about his win. The talk of years more of his service was telling. Dalton is also one of those 'we need an upgrade of talent' too. Could it be worse? Yes. But he was a backup in the end of his career so asking him to shoulder wins week in and out is just a bad plan. Lean on the run game, let him cook around that and try to get Evero to call a better game on the other side with the RBs carrying the clock. 

19 hours ago, App Panther said:

Welp, that was a fun 3 weeks. We'll always have the Raiders game and the high that ensued afterwards. Time to hear the stans all call for Bryce to be back next week.

Kinda hard when receivers cant catch or break a tackle 1x1.  Other teams’ receivers  do, just not Panthers receivers 

they have zero heart or ability to step up and make a play 

adam theilein wouldve been a difference  maker 

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I have no qualms with Dalton nor rolling with him beyond this year. He was never going to be a miracle worker. Yesterday he needed a miracle to be able to overcome the horrible defense.

He didn't play horrible at all.

Agree.  He is who he is.  He’ll have good games and bad games but he’s a veteran backup QB.

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

The many that he played last year when he also looked like crap. In 3 games, Dalton has had more games where he played good or good enough (2) than Bryce has had in 18 games (1). And the Saints are only top 10 because they played us with Bryce, Philly kept fugin around instead of doing anything halfway intelligent, and Dallas got down like 30 points in the 1st half and had to be one dimensional and turn down FGs - Saints are more middle of the pack on defense. The Chargers have also played some awful offenses this year, with the exception of KC. Not sure how great they are on defense.

And there are much worse ideas than signing Dalton to a 2-3 year deal as a bridge QB until our next 1 is drafted/ready. Like, for example, thinking Bryce is the long-term answer... Which is what you are making it sound like you want.

And people thought Dalton was again, good enough. Good enough to be able to figure out if any of our skill position players are actually good. With Bryce, we would never know if the likes of Mingo, Legette, etc. are actually worthwhile or not because the dude can't throw it more than 5 yards down field.

So now we are bringing up last season when the roster was god awful? Lol

You do know the saints D held the Falcons offense to 4 FG right? They didn’t score a single offensive TD last week. And the chargers are only in games cause their D is holding team teams to low scores.

I agreed with benching Bryce, but thinking Dalton is anything other than a stop gap is ludicrous. He barely had 50 yards at halftime. And no we shouldn’t sign him to anything.

I also think Bryce should get another shot against a terrible D (like Dalton has played) later on in the season. The fact is this team invested a ton into Bryce and they need to throw him out there to at least build his confidence back. Playing Dalton won’t lead us anywhere and this offense looks just as bad

16 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

You do know the saints D held the Falcons offense to 4 FG right? They didn’t score a single offensive TD last week. And the chargers are only in games cause their D is holding team teams to low scores.

I agreed with benching Bryce, but thinking Dalton is anything other than a stop gap is ludicrous. He barely had 50 yards at halftime. And no we shouldn’t sign him to anything.

I also think Bryce should get another shot against a terrible D (like Dalton has played) later on in the season. The fact is this team invested a ton into Bryce and they need to throw him out there to at least build his confidence back. Playing Dalton won’t lead us anywhere and this offense looks just as bad

Throwing him out there is not how to build confidence. Sitting him until he is ready is. He needs at least probably a season or two on the pine to regain anything.

1 hour ago, GoobyPls said:

And Bryce has barely eclipsed 50 yards total in both of the games he played...

And I don't know how many times it can be said that nobody here thought that Dalton was going to become an elite QB all of a sudden. We just knew he was capable of at least being a serviceable QB, something Bryce will never be. Pretty much everyone I have seen post on this forum says to go ahead and sign Dalton to a 2-3 year contract so that way we can build the rest of the team up and then get our QB. Not sure why you keep saying that everyone here thinks Dalton is going to become Mahomes-esque, which is saying a lot because I feel like I usually get dumber when I read threads on this forum

Edited by PleaseCutStewart