• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dalton Honeymoon Over

App Panther

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

True that not everything was Young's fault.

Also true that Young isn't very good.

So, there is a tendency to be a bit of an echo chamber here. The easy national narrative that we did Bust Young wrong is going to come right back into focus as this season goes on. As I write out this reply, the pregame folks on NBC are having a hearty laugh while showing a sign at the Bears game today, and I think Garrett mentions that the Bears get the 2nd round pick this year too. Har har.

We are in a poo situation. Only 12 more losses to go.

2 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

It's not about that dude. Of course the roster is bad even with a qb, BUT...you still have to go out and play games in the mean time. WE WEREN'T EVEN A FUNCTIONAL OFFENSE WITH BRYCE. It's like getting in a car to drive that won't even start much less move. That is beyond bad for a professional team. 

What part of that are yall still having trouble UNDERSTANDING??? 

Ironically the most functional the offense looked is when Bryce played in garbage time. 

Y’all don’t understand football is about more than just one guy even when that guy is a QB. Most of y’all just need lives outside of Panther football. 

2 hours ago, frankw said:

If "see it wasn't Bryce Young's fault" is all someone takes from today they are beyond help and just pushing an agenda.

And regardless of the QB situation we are on our third coaching staff in three years already. If you want to keep being the doormat to the entire league then keep firing coaches every year and see where that gets you.

Well it isn’t his fault. Maybe you should ask yourself the opposite. As in why we suck no matter who the QB is 

3 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Ironically the most functional the offense looked is when Bryce played in garbage time. 

Y’all don’t understand football is about more than just one guy even when that guy is a QB. Most of y’all just need lives outside of Panther football. 

You mean today? Because otherwise absolutely wrong. 

And big deal.

32 minutes ago, UnluckyforSome said:

So, there is a tendency to be a bit of an echo chamber here. The easy national narrative that we did Bust Young wrong is going to come right back into focus as this season goes on. As I write out this reply, the pregame folks on NBC are having a hearty laugh while showing a sign at the Bears game today, and I think Garrett mentions that the Bears get the 2nd round pick this year too. Har har.

We are in a poo situation. Only 12 more losses to go.

Most of us here could give decent to pretty good analysis of the Panthers. Our knowledge of most other teams however would be limited to stuff we've heard from various sources (and not especially reliable).

It's why I prefer local beat writers to national guys. They're not as well known and might not have had football careers, but they're only trying to cover a single team.

In-depth knowledge of 32 teams at once would be an extremely difficult thing to maintain.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

Just now, AceBoogie said:

Well it isn’t his fault. Maybe you should ask yourself the opposite. As in why we suck no matter who the QB is 

I don't need to. I know. I've watched it all go down for years. You don't seem to notice that things are turning around on offense without him, despite the fits and starts that we are going through. I guess you are a big Bryce advocate? 

3 hours ago, mc52beast said:

Could’ve told yall this was going to happen. Dalton hasn’t had a winning season since 2015, he’s a BACKUP for a reason. Teams have tape on him and what Canales is doing so running the same crap isn’t going to work. 

Look, I don't think Andy is a world beater, but since leaving Cincy he hasn't exactly been in ideal situations.  Outside of Dallas, he came onto teams in the middle of transition to offer a steady hand and leadership.  And coming here, transition isn't the only obstacle...  we are a team with almost zero depth and almost 5 years or so of drafts that we have little to nothing to show for.  Now add to that, half our projected starters are injured.  Who tf can win with that?  

10 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

LMAOOOOO.......you cant be serious with this statement. Like I said we are lost. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Most of us here could give decent to pretty good analysis of the Panthers. Our knowledge of most other teams however would be limited to stuff we've heard from various sources (and not especially reliable).

It's why I prefer local beat writers to national guys. They're not as well known and might not have had football careers, but they're only trying to cover a single team.

In-depth knowledge of 32 teams at once would be an extremely difficult thing to maintain.

Many years back I heard Colin Cowherd arguing whether or not Mario Williams was worthy of being the #1 pick in that year's upcoming draft. His take was he didn't know how good he might really be, because Williams played in the ACC, and got his stats by playing against the Georgia Techs and NC States of college football.

The local guys don't get the exposure though, they don't have the platform. When the day comes, however far down the line, when we are good again, it will be met with disbelief and disdain.