• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dalton Honeymoon Over

App Panther

1 minute ago, App Panther said:

Welp, that was a fun 3 weeks. We'll always have the Raiders game and the high that ensued afterwards. Time to hear the stans all call for Bryce to be back next week.

Brian St. Pierre doing anything? Bust Young doesn't need to be out there ever again. The only *good* that will come from him is losing enough to get the #1 pick again. Dalton might still have a win or 2 in him.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Dalton was not the main problem today.  Poor game planning, poor/no adjustments, shoddy defense and injuries.  Dalton didn't have a stellar day, but he is way down the list of reasons for today's failure.

That is very fair. I'm not trying to sound negative on Dalton, I do think he is washed at this point, and he didn't really elevate any of the team to overcome or mitigate some of those negatives either. 

If bryce steps back on that field I'm done this year and so is majority of the fanbase. 

Why anybody dense enough to think the overall fans and probably the players want to go back to last year and the first 2 games of this season is beyond me.

Lastly, there were never any insane expectations set on Dalton to act like it was some sort of honeymoon.  We weren't even a high school offense with bryce out there. The graph at the beginning of the game said it all. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

I feel like i'm seeing this a lot and while I agree this was obviously dalton's worse start the defense was the big problem today. Between that, drops and injuries along the offensive line we really didn't stand a chance no matter how well dalton played 

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Dalton was not the main problem today.  Poor game planning, poor/no adjustments, shoddy defense and injuries.  Dalton didn't have a stellar day, but he is way down the list of reasons for today's failure.

Yeah, Dalton was alright, not great, not horrible. Huge list of bigger reasons why the Panthers lost.

Terrible gameplan and playcalling. Injuries. Drops. OLine letting untouched free rushers constantly. Abandoned the running game. Stupid procedural penalties that put them in bad down/distance.

And do we even need to talk about the defense FFS

4 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

If bryce steps back on that field I'm done this year and so is majority of the fanbase. 

Why anybody dense enough to think the overall fans and probably the players want to go back to last year and the first 2 games of this season is beyond me.

Lastly, there were never any insane expectations set on Dalton to act like it was some sort of honeymoon.  We weren't even a high school offense with bryce out there. The graph at the beginning of the game said it all. 

If y’all aren’t already done then you’re just hopeless fools. It’s a bad roster no matter the QB. 

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I have no idea how they justify putting Bust Young back on the field. Even in an injury situation. He should be #3 right now.

There was a tiny bit of expectations about Dalton after the Raiders game. The win felt good, so there's that, but there was a little bit of maybe they can win 6 or so more games. It wasn't just here though.

Bad matchups, depleted defense, Bears defense is very good one.  Just an overall recipe for disaster.  We had a running game but fell behind and couldn't play catchup against one of the best pass-defense's in the league.  

The rookies didn't seem terrible for needing to carry the team.  I'll give them that.

• Pie 1