• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canales was awful today

BIGH2001

44 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Canales mistake was leaning on Evero with a lead to keep the game close and wait for Caleb Williams to make a mistake.

Until the Panthers find a better DC the game plan should always be focused on scoring 30 points

Shouldn't the game plan always be focused on scoring 30 points? 

There were a lot of bad drops that contributed. I mean bad drops. And also, Andy missed a couple of wide open balls. And then, Mingo, I'm convinced he doesn't know how catch a ball in stride. Let's get Coker in there.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

The amount of people who don't understand blowout losses blows my mind.

Canales didn't lose the players here. It was a bad game. They happen in this league to literally every single coach. We beat the Patriots during their dynasty era. Fairly handily. Nobody claimed Bill got out coached by our staff.

If you give up on the rookie head coach 4 games in, maybe football isn't your sport.

Bryce came in during garbage time and executed a couple of nice passes and got junk yardage. And once the field shrank, he was right back to the Bryce we know. He wasn't put in to appease tepper. He was put in because the game was lost and getting Andy hurt would be dumb. He got hit all game. Plus Bryce got game reps. Easy decision.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, lightsout said:

The amount of people who don't understand blowout losses blows my mind.

Canales didn't lose the players here. It was a bad game. They happen in this league to literally every single coach. We beat the Patriots during their dynasty era. Fairly handily. Nobody claimed Bill got out coached by our staff.

If you give up on the rookie head coach 4 games in, maybe football isn't your sport.

Bryce came in during garbage time and executed a couple of nice passes and got junk yardage. And once the field shrank, he was right back to the Bryce we know. He wasn't put in to appease tepper. He was put in because the game was lost and getting Andy hurt would be dumb. He got hit all game. Plus Bryce got game reps. Easy decision.

Despite Canales iterating and reiterating that point, look at the articles, the fans, the locker room interviews with the players, it is all that bullshit. 

I’m still completely confused. What happened to trying to keep the other team’s offense off the field when your defense showed that it had no business on the field? When they were down 14, they played like they were down 21 in the 4th quarter.  Down 14, or even 17 in the first half is not insurmountable by any means, but the play calling sure looked like it. We WERE (past tense) getting 1st downs, until…

This was Canales feeling himself way too much IMHO. When the desperation passing game to second and third stringers wasn’t working, he double downed. I thought he himself said we would be primarily a punch you in the mouth running team? Not once did he try to slow the game down. He tried his best Payton impersonation. 

Well, we were landing liver shot after liver shot. We took haymakers, but we were doing damage on their core, until ego kicked in and we wanted to show that he could rain down haymakers as well.., only every time we got countered straight to the jaw. 

DJ played the defense like a fiddle. Why wouldn’t he? He’s knows the scheme inside and out, left, right, sideways, upside down, center and askew. He knows tells and tendencies. He knows the calls and formations. If there were any carryover from the Reich offense… guess what… he knew that too. 

Any chance of the D doing anything with all the circumstances involved was a pipe (crack pipe) dream. DJ headed up film study all. Week. Long. 

So yeah, our only prayer of it not being completely humiliating was to ride our horse and keep wailing away at that liver, and then pride took over. It looked almost narcissistic…

Edited by Gapanthersfan

12 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

Canales mistake was leaning on Evero with a lead to keep the game close and wait for Caleb Williams to make a mistake.

Until the Panthers find a better DC the game plan should always be focused on scoring 30 points

How anyone can look at the talent on this defense and find a way to blame the DC… Lol

• Beer 1

30 minutes ago, Mage said:

How anyone can look at the talent on this defense and find a way to blame the DC… Lol

Injuries and level of talent are not excuses to be a bottom of the league DC. DC is the most important person on the defensive side of the ball as they put players in position to make calls and plays. Evero could have top 10 talent and he would field an average NFL defense.

Young was holding the offense back and Evero is holding the defense back. People are willing to hold onto these franchise destroyers for years before admitting the obvious.

Snow was terrible and he did more with less in 2020 than Evero has done in 2023 or 2024.

I edged my lawn...  sidewalk...  driveway...  Cleared away a bunch of bushes and branches...  Mowed the front yard...  Had a nice afternoon and dinner with my lady...  Wonder who our next coach and QB will be?