• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would you do with our guaranteed top 3 draft pick?

Dalton was far from the problem today.  Dcoordinator has been figured out.  Wr te with thielen gone are abysmal.   Mingo needs to learn to catch by running under a pass no reason for him to have fallen down not had a td .  And also anyone last name sanders needs off the team

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

So after the first playoff game?

Hey I'm just happy to be in the playoffs.

Crazy thing is Texas Roadhouse was loaded with Panthers jerseys today. Quite pathetic and sad. This team will embarrass you in public. I just laughed when I seen the score on my phone.

I don't know what prospects are coming out. But we need some cornerstone players on the d-line. Brown needs help. We could use a complete DE on the line, one that isn't a rental.

If we get a top 3 pick. I don't mind trading down to 8 or 10 and pick up another 1st or high 2nd. We also need a safety that aid our CB's and deliver some hits. 

I'd love to take a MLB but the way they get injured these days makes me think its not a worthwhile investment. 

1 hour ago, HardcoreHokie said:

You didn’t like the QB’s height, weight, speed, arm strength or pocket presence but everything else checked out? 

I had him ranked around Levis, so that puts him around rank 40 for me. Right ahead of Hooker and Levis. 

in hindsight, even that’s probably too high and he should’ve been behind both of them too. Lol

10 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

I don't know what prospects are coming out. But we need some cornerstone players on the d-line. Brown needs help. We could use a complete DE on the line, one that isn't a rental.

If we get a top 3 pick. I don't mind trading down to 8 or 10 and pick up another 1st or high 2nd. We also need a safety that aid our CB's and deliver some hits. 

I'd love to take a MLB but the way they get injured these days makes me think its not a worthwhile investment. 

I like Wallace at MLB I think we already have ours for the foreseeable future. He just needs reps. A young complete DE def is a necessity tho 

1 hour ago, Gapanthersfan said:

Trade back to somewhere around 10-12 for their second and next year’s 3rd. I go back to the 4-3 defense. I go DE that plays the run like a boss in the first, DT/LB/center in the second, whichever looks most promising. I’d like to take a flier on a small school QB who has an accurate, big arm in the second or third. Rest of the draft BPA, as long as they’re big dudes. No tweeners. It has never worked out. 

This is one thing, we have so little on defense we won't be facing the typical step back trying to replace 3-4 players to change. I guess that's good? 

So, problem I see is David Tepper brought the 3-4 with him. 

27 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

I had him ranked around Levis, so that puts him around rank 40 for me. Right ahead of Hooker and Levis. 

in hindsight, even that’s probably too high and he should’ve been behind both of them too. Lol

He should have been a 3rd day to UDFA based on the film and his measurables. The S2 hype and how he played evaluation game at the combine got him drafted 1st. 

9 minutes ago, strato said:

This is one thing, we have so little on defense we won't be facing the typical step back trying to replace 3-4 players to change. I guess that's good? 

So, problem I see is David Tepper brought the 3-4 with him. 

Dude might as well be drawing up plays, which I’m sure he does. Unless you have just the right guys, a 3-4 gets straight exploited in the run. A 4-3 can at least compete if you’ve got at least jag-ish type guys.

This is all just so bad. The offense isn’t as bad as they showed today, but the defense is abysmal in every aspect. Evero can’t draw up a blitz that gets home to save his life. They are all completely lost, which is to be expected, but this is some next level, whatever dignity you regained, is completely shot to shi*. 

4 minutes ago, Gapanthersfan said:

Dude might as well be drawing up plays, which I’m sure he does. Unless you have just the right guys, a 3-4 gets straight exploited in the run. A 4-3 can at least compete if you’ve got at least jag-ish type guys.

This is all just so bad. The offense isn’t as bad as they showed today, but the defense is abysmal in every aspect. Evero can’t draw up a blitz that gets home to save his life. They are all completely lost, which is to be expected, but this is some next level, whatever dignity you regained, is completely shot to shi*. 

I'm just saying good luck getting a switch back to 4-3.

And I actually thought we would be able to be much better at run stopping this year. Brown going down, just totally squashed that hope. I mean, I figured a couple or few games for it to come together, never got them.

And just to have to put those two at ILB with the other issues such as they have been, it was pretty hopeless.

I didn't even want to think about it much this week, I just hoped for the Bears to be bad. They were not and really did the best thing they could do with that hurry up before Wallace could get comfortable. 

1 minute ago, strato said:

I'm just saying good luck getting a switch back to 4-3.

And I actually thought we would be able to be much better at run stopping this year. Brown going down, just totally squashed that hope. I mean, I figured a couple or few games for it to come together, never got them.

And just to have to put those two at ILB with the other issues such as they have been, it was pretty hopeless.

I didn't even want to think about it much this week, I just hoped for the Bears to be bad. They were not and really did the best thing they could do with that hurry up before Wallace could get comfortable. 

Oh I understood exactly what you meant. Trying to tell T his defensive dream won’t work and we need to change… yeah… 

• Pie 1

#3 pick? Trade back to allow someone to score their dream guy unless it is a generational defensive beast. 

Go down far enough that we can get back into the first somewhere if there is a reason to, without using the second from the Rams. If that's even possible. It should be.