• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would you do with our guaranteed top 3 draft pick?

16 minutes ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

The late round picks are whatever. Just have a normal 3 picks in the first 3 rounds. Adding an extra 2nd and future picks wouldn't be anything crazy.

Not sure where this "we got 10 picks so can't trade down!" comes from. Panthers have tons of holes, could use all the picks they can get.

I never said we couldn't trade down and you kinda just answered your own question in your first sentence. Not a lot of value in having a bunch of late round picks that won't turn out to anything. Thats why I said you need to package picks and move back up into the early rounds as much as you can after you trade down. 

Realistically this team needs:

Center (Corbett older and injury prone)

Receiver

Edge Rusher

Linebacker

Corner

QB

WR

Not sold on any QBs at this point and I’m not so sure you don’t resign Dalton and let him and Bryce compete in 2025 and go BPA in the draft.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Virtually all of them were saying Bryce too. Never understood it. Like how can everyone collectively just completely ignore all of the glaring physical limitations? None of them would've been stuck on for a 240 pound or a 5'8" WR who ran a 4.8. So why did they do that for Bryce Young?

I wasn’t even referring to Bryce. I meant moving forward with our picks next year 

Edited by Move the Panthers to Raleigh

4 minutes ago, UnluckyforSome said:

Is there a player/position on the team that should not be considered for an upgrade? Maybe guard? I guess we can hang our hat on that spot.

Offense - starting QB, WR1, RB, Center all free agents. Thielen will be on his last year. XL looks promising but after that there's nobody at WR. Need upgrade at TE also.

Defense has Horn and uhh.... ????? This team needs a LOT

• Beer 1

Just now, R0CKnR0LLA said:

Offense - starting QB, WR1, RB, Center all free agents. Thielen will be on his last year. XL looks promising but after that there's nobody at WR. Need upgrade at TE also.

Defense has Horn and uhh.... ????? This team needs a LOT

I would tend to agree. The awesome part is really, of the 3 premium positions, QB, LT and pass rusher, we have no standouts. 

1 hour ago, carpanfan96 said:

My issue wasn’t necessarily the height, but his happy feet in the pocket. He plays like he doesn’t trust the line at all and it leads to sacks. 

second issue was arm strength 

third was his playing weight. 

why I had him ranked behind AR and Stroud and had him ranked similarly to Levis. 

You didn’t like the QB’s height, weight, speed, arm strength or pocket presence but everything else checked out? 

• Beer 1

Trade back to somewhere around 10-12 for their second and next year’s 3rd. I go back to the 4-3 defense. I go DE that plays the run like a boss in the first, DT/LB/center in the second, whichever looks most promising. I’d like to take a flier on a small school QB who has an accurate, big arm in the second or third. Rest of the draft BPA, as long as they’re big dudes. No tweeners. It has never worked out. 

32 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Virtually all of them were saying Bryce too. Never understood it. Like how can everyone collectively just completely ignore all of the glaring physical limitations? None of them would've been stuck on for a 240 pound or a 5'8" WR who ran a 4.8. So why did they do that for Bryce Young?

Bryce knew how to play the draft process. The combine and the draft are a game all their own and in that, he clearly played the game better than anyone else. 

The S2 being the sudden golden ticket for QB success after Purdy breaking through as Mr. Irrelevant? Come on. But BY had been practicing for years and it just so happens Stroud has his "terrible" score released. 

Bryce shows up to the combine clearly above playing weight and won't compete in drills against other QBs where the deficiencies in his arm strength would be glaringly obvious. 

His highlight of the combine was breaking down a play over dinner so Dave and Nicole could understand it. 15 minutes is plenty of time to break down a defense play scheme during the game. There's a reason he doesn't play inside the pocket and it's because he can't because his line of sight happens to be below the shoulder level of the 8 to 12 guys in front of him. 

He played the media, he played the Teppers and he played the fans to the tune of 30 million bucks. 

• Flames 2