• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler: WR Diontae Johnson Possible Trade Candidate At Deadline

10 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I don't have trollish takes. My rep has been ruined because I usually say things that people don't agree with and I stand by them. I don't troll sir.

I'm asking people to look at the bigger picture. What happens to the offense if we lose Dionte?

These are things you have to consider when you move on from a player. I said the same thing when Burns left who are we replacing him with? No pass rush since he left.

I'm simply looking at the bigger picture and not just the contract. This is disrespectful to me when you guys say I'm trolling I'm just giving my take. If you disagree that's fine. 

Your are unanimously are the worst poster on here.  You have trollish takes and that's being kind. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 3

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Your are unanimously are the worst poster on here.  You have trollish takes and that's being kind. 

You are the most miserable person on here and you always finding people to bully. You have been warned multiple times about starting nonsense with me.

@LinvilleGorge @rayzor see how I always get the bad rep?

I'm talking football and somehow it always ends up about me. People slander my name but when I go back at them im getting warned or banned.

• Flames 1

35 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I don't have trollish takes. My rep has been ruined because I usually say things that people don't agree with and I stand by them. I don't troll sir.

I'm asking people to look at the bigger picture. What happens to the offense if we lose Dionte?

These are things you have to consider when you move on from a player. I said the same thing when Burns left who are we replacing him with? No pass rush since he left.

I'm simply looking at the bigger picture and not just the contract. This is disrespectful to me when you guys say I'm trolling I'm just giving my take. If you disagree that's fine. 

24 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

LOL 

• Flames 1

I’d love to extend him but would worry about the cost. Could spend that money on a rush and hope XL and Mingo step up and still have 1 more year of Theilen. I think unless we get a late 2nd or so from a team ring chasing I’d almost rather keep and see how it plays out. 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

He going to walk after this year most likely.  That’s we most tonight going in.  Might as well get something 

I agree. That said, if it isn't more than a 4th, I don't know that I see the value. Just continuing to be a functional offensive unit is going to be worth more than any 4th round or lower pick in terms of team morale.

Also, no reason to move him until close to the Week 10 deadline, either. Teams aren't going to be magically less needy.

• Pie 2

Diontae Johnson is worth extending him now, before the off-season.  He's still young. Worth the investment.  Not sure he'll want to stay here, although it's 💯 worth trying to retain him.  

certainly don't want to go.into next season with zero proven talent. 

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Personal shots is so childish. If you disagree just say that and move on.

Cmon adults...

This is about the most hypocritical statement you have ever made.

Also, you would be a terrible GM. That isn't an insult, it's a factual statement quite literally based on the takes you have made in this message board. Very few of your ridiculous, cartoonish personnel opinions have ever panned out.

As many have said, it would be insane(also very Panthers, so there is that) to sign a 29 year old WR to a long term 18-22/mil a year deal. That's bananas.

Now if he wants something in the 12-15 range at maybe 3 years, by all means, get the deal done.

3 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Diontae Johnson is worth extending him now, before the off-season.  He's still young. Worth the investment.  Not sure he'll want to stay here, although it's 💯 worth trying to retain him.  

certainly don't want to go.into next season with zero proven talent. 

He is literally not young. He will be 29 next season.

He is likely to be closer to the end of his career than the beginning. I don't see him playing until he is 34+ years old.

Consider that WR is the second lowest average career length position in the NFL.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

I would try to extend him. If that doesn't work out, consider the trade. He says he wants to stay. We shall see. 

We would be foolish to not attempt it unless he perhaps made it clear he has no interest in re-signing here at all. 

It's a price thing, IMO. We can overpay a bunch of guys on the team because we already have cap issues.