• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler: WR Diontae Johnson Possible Trade Candidate At Deadline

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Fine enjoy a offense with Mingo/XL. Let's see how that works out.

We finally got a decent offense and all you want to do is take away the key piece for some picks lol

This mindset has to change for the Panthers. We aren't going to do anything with a 3rd pick besides select another WR who's not as good as Johnson.

Yes, because obviously we just sit on our laurels and do nothing.

You would be such an insanely terrible GM.

7 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Im tired of dudes comparing Robbie Anderson to Diontae.

Robbie was a trash #3-5 WR That couldnt even start on another team. We decided to feature him as our 1b next to Dj Moore because he was cool with Rhule.

I hated the contract when they signed it and this is not even remotely similar.

You usually have good takes but this one is trash. 

If you don't see any parallels at all you are choosing not to. Doesn't matter what your personal opinion is.

Remove emotion from the equation. The financial and situational comparison is very much valid. Considering a high cost extension with a small sample size for a WR who will be 29 next season. In this case we haven't even seen Diontae play a full season here yet and we're talking upwards of 25 million a season.

We must learn from the mistakes of Scott Fitterer and move forward with a necessary level of skepticism.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, frankw said:

If you don't see any parallels at all you are choosing not to. Doesn't matter what your personal opinion is.

Remove emotion from the equation. The financial and situational comparison is very much valid. Considering a high cost extension with a small sample size for a WR who will be 29 next season. In this case we haven't even seen Diontae play a full season here yet and we're talking upwards of 25 million a season.

We must learn from the mistakes of Scott Fitterer and move forward with a necessary level of skepticism.

Robbie Anderson was never in the same realm of WR that Diontae is bro. 

Diontae could start on any number of teams right now, Robbie couldnt even get on the field with the Cards. 

Its an apples to oranges comparison. 

Im not talking any numbers, just pure talent at the WR spot. 

• Flames 1

Just now, PootieNunu said:

Robbie Anderson was never in the same realm of WR that Diontae is bro. 

Diontae could start on any number of teams right now, Robbie couldnt even get on the field with the Cards. 

Its an apples to oranges comparison. 

Im not talking any numbers, just pure talent at the WR spot. 

You're getting hung up on talent. I'm not comparing their talent level. Obviously Diontae is a significantly better wide receiver and as far as I know a very good teammate. This is an assessment based on salary cap allocation and risk level at this juncture. These things have to be considered for the good of the franchise. And let's remember. A franchise that has a distinct reputation for making dicey to downright awful decisions. That's why I said moreso I want to let Canales be the driving force for what direction we go here. He will know better than anyone.

If we were interested in multiyear services we would have worked out a deal when we traded for him. He’ll be 30 soon, it’s a bridge situation for him to find a nice final multi-year contract. Could still end up being here, but realistically, I see it somewhere else. A trade pre deadline is a bit too brash but I’ve seen crazier things happen.

• Pie 3

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Personal shots is so childish. If you disagree just say that and move on.

Cmon adults...

While you do have some troll-ish takes, this is one time where I agree with your assessment.

No matter the compensation for Dionte, we lose that trade 100/100 times.

The better risk is tying to re-sign him and try to build with him.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, OldhamA said:

Fine if it's a second round pick. Not worth discussing if not. 

He going to walk after this year most likely.  That’s what most thought going in.  Might as well get something 

30 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

While you do have some troll-ish takes, this is one time where I agree with your assessment.

No matter the compensation for Dionte, we lose that trade 100/100 times.

The better risk is tying to re-sign him and try to build with him.

I don't have trollish takes. My rep has been ruined because I usually say things that people don't agree with and I stand by them. I don't troll sir.

I'm asking people to look at the bigger picture. What happens to the offense if we lose Dionte?

These are things you have to consider when you move on from a player. I said the same thing when Burns left who are we replacing him with? No pass rush since he left.

I'm simply looking at the bigger picture and not just the contract. This is disrespectful to me when you guys say I'm trolling I'm just giving my take. If you disagree that's fine.