• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler: WR Diontae Johnson Possible Trade Candidate At Deadline

TheSpecialJuan

Yep, he is 29. He still has some years left in him. If he does not want top of the league money and wants something reasonable I see no reason to not try to sign him for a few years here. We should at least explore with his agent right now what he is thinking and what it would take. I simply would not trade him and would use the season to evaluate and form an offer while remaining in contact with he and his agent to see what we can work out. To me it's worth the risk to watch, evaluate and see what happens. If he walks then we lose a later round pick and everyone knows we have thrown those away like crazy already as well as high round picks. Nobody is giving us a high round pick for him so to me it's worth the risk of not acquiring some later round pick for him to see what we can get done with him as well as watch him the rest of the season.

Saying this team has years before competing is being nice…I don’t think it’ll happen ever with Tepper here but with that said I don’t see a reason to keep him and would rather the new staff have more picks.

Edited by onmyown

If they trade Johnson, then they should have just left Bryce in. Team morale would tank immediately. The team knows he's the guy just like everyone else. Johnson is a huge part of XL and Mingo's development. If he doesn't want to re-sign next season, then tag him and trade him then. He'll be worth a lot more after 1000 yards and 10 TDs.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

If they trade Johnson, then they should have just left Bryce in. Team morale would tank immediately. The team knows he's the guy just like everyone else. Johnson is a huge part of XL and Mingo's development. If he doesn't want to re-sign next season, then tag him and trade him then. He'll be worth a lot more after 1000 yards and 10 TDs.

Couple good points in there. If we can't sign him, pump his numbers all the way make him real attractive.

Our guys are two games behind everybody else numbers wise. Dalton has 5 TD passes, double them with two more games his one behind the league leaders.

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

Saying this team has years before competing is being nice…I don’t think it’ll happen ever with Tepper here but with that said I don’t see a reason to keep him and would rather the new staff have more picks.

why have more picks that Morgan would most likely end up fuging up anyway?

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

Not to rude about it but I just think you are wrong. Canales was the first step towards digging out of this poo. 

We could be turned around and headed up the ladder as soon as next year. 

They did okay in their 1st FA and trading, and that focused on offense. Morgan should know who can play defense. We're going to have to weather whatever transition there is from Evero at some point probably. That's where we could hit a snag, if there is new scheme.

Edited by strato

1 hour ago, Navy_football said:

Tag next year for WR is 25 million. While I would love to work out a deal with him for 2-3 years at 20yr a tag is not the worst idea.  You’d get to keep him for the season. If if you moved on from him in the off-season he’d prob still could get traded for a mid round pick. And if you stick with him and play the tag out gives XL and Mingo another year to keep devolving.  I hadn’t thought to tag him but not the worst idea.