• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler: WR Diontae Johnson Possible Trade Candidate At Deadline

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

This is about the most hypocritical statement you have ever made.

Also, you would be a terrible GM. That isn't an insult, it's a factual statement quite literally based on the takes you have made in this message board. Very few of your ridiculous, cartoonish personnel opinions have ever panned out.

As many have said, it would be insane(also very Panthers, so there is that) to sign a 29 year old WR to a long term 18-22/mil a year deal. That's bananas.

Now if he wants something in the 12-15 range at maybe 3 years, by all means, get the deal done.

You do realize I'm not the only one in this thread saying sign him right?

It's stuff like this that makes no sense. You target who you want. Nothing I have said is "cartoonish personnel opinions".

My goodness man if you don't like what I post just ignore me. I'm too old to be going back n forth about some nonsense you're angry about. Talk football leave that goofy stuff to the clowns.

And for goodness sake keep that same energy for everyone else who's saying the same thing as me. I'm not your crash dummy. Come at me and I will come at you back. 

You guys talk like it's your money. I know 20M a year sound high, but with the cap going up like it has it is not what 20M used to be. Look at the other WR deals out there, where 30+ is the new norm. 

3 year 63M, right in that 20-25M per year would be worth having a vet leader in the WR room. 

• Pie 2

He is literally not young. He will be 29 next season.

He is likely to be closer to the end of his career than the beginning. I don't see him playing until he is 34+ years old.

Consider that WR is the second lowest average career length position in the NFL.

We've just got to start targeting quick shifty route runners in the draft instead of big stiff receivers who are fast once they get going like it's the 90s.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

7 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

We've just got to start targeting quick shifty route runners in the draft instead of big stiff receivers who are fast once they get going like it's the 90s.

Hearing you for a copycat league we haven’t been copying the good teams 

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, ChuckWag78 said:

You guys talk like it's your money. I know 20M a year sound high, but with the cap going up like it has it is not what 20M used to be. Look at the other WR deals out there, where 30+ is the new norm. 

3 year 63M, right in that 20-25M per year would be worth having a vet leader in the WR room. 

We have been through cap hell, we aren't completely out of it so there isn't a great reason to double down when we are as bad of a team as we are. It's about building something sustainable and long term. 

Paying someone as a top 10 WR when they are not is how you end up having long term issues with cap management and personnel. 

I would very much like to keep Diontae around but it needs to be at a price that makes sense for our actual future.

• Pie 2

19 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

We have been through cap hell, we aren't completely out of it so there isn't a great reason to double down when we are as bad of a team as we are. It's about building something sustainable and long term. 

Paying someone as a top 10 WR when they are not is how you end up having long term issues with cap management and personnel. 

I would very much like to keep Diontae around but it needs to be at a price that makes sense for our actual future.

20M ish isn't top 10 money though. There are 20+ WR that make over 20M this year. 

• Beer 1

Honestly, you aren't gonna get enough to even bother with that. 

Let him play for a contender and get your 6th. Seems like the right move. Let’s our young guys continue to develop. 

• Pie 1