• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler: WR Diontae Johnson Possible Trade Candidate At Deadline

I understand the fear we can’t re-sign him and he walks while we get nothing…(as usual) but nobody is giving us a pick that could replace his production.

A 3rd seems more than most would offer and that doesn’t help us any more than having him the rest of the season.

His groin is more worrisome than trade rumors.

• Pie 2

Just now, TheSpecialJuan said:

Exactly. Best case scenario is a trade and we get something for him before he leaves via free agency.

Let's face it giving Diontae a $100 million dollar contact for a rebuilding team would be unwise. 

He's not getting 100mil lol

His stats will determine his contract. He had a slow start the first 2 weeks because of Bryce throwing him the ball. Unless he absolutely balls out the rest of the season he's not seeing 100mil.

He's a #1 caliber WR who has questionable hands. That's gonna keep him from top tier elite money. The talent is there no question his ability to get open is top 5 in the league.

18-22mil a year seems like a no brainer for us considering he is our offense right now.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He's not getting 100mil lol

His stats will determine his contract. He had a slow start the first 2 weeks because of Bryce throwing him the ball. Unless he absolutely balls out the rest of the season he's not seeing 100mil.

He's a #1 caliber WR who has questionable hands. That's gonna keep him from top tier elite money. The talent is there no question his ability to get open is top 5 in the league.

18-22mil a year seems like a no brainer for us considering he is our offense right now.

I suspect if that was what he wanted he would be signed by now

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Sign this dude please. This franchise finds talent then just let them walk out the door.

Why on earth did we trade for him to begin with?

Make it make sense Dan Morgan. Sign him you idiot!

Everything has a price. If he is looking to become a top 10 paid WR, you trade him.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Everything has a price. If he is looking to become a top 10 paid WR, you trade him.

Trade him for what?

We have been trading good players for years now. What have we got in return for those players?

At some point you have to pay good players even if it is a slight overpay. Not sure you guys realize this or not but Johnson is the reason this offense goes. I would hate to see this offense with just Mingo and XL.

Think about that before you ship another good player off for some useless picks we can never seem to replace the production of said player going out.

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

This is lightspeed insane. Not even Scott Fitterer would do that.

Fine enjoy a offense with Mingo/XL. Let's see how that works out.

We finally got a decent offense and all you want to do is take away the key piece for some picks lol

This mindset has to change for the Panthers. We aren't going to do anything with a 3rd pick besides select another WR who's not as good as Johnson.

I'm going back and forth with this.

On the one hand the Panthers have had a definitive void at the WR position for years since 89 left the building. Moore was the only one of the last ten years to even begin to approach that level of production. Unfortunately that's over and done with and can't be undone.

What we have left is to consider other signings. How about that Robby Anderson extension many of us liked at the time based on one season? I'm in favor of just slowing things down and taking our time.

Ultimately I'll go with whatever Canales thinks is the best route. Certainly he knows what he wants out of the position group. If he deems Diontae a part of the core going forward and his contract expectations are reasonable you go from there. If not then you do what you have to and revisit all this in the offseason. It's not going to be resolved right now regardless. This is and has always been a developmental season.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

I want him signed, but nowhere near that.

You get what you pay for.

Once again The Huddle is brainwashed into the Panthers old ways. 

I got 1 simple question what have we got for CMAC/Moore/Burns?

I'll wait...

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

I'm going back and forth with this.

On the one hand the Panthers have had a definitive void at the WR position for years since 89 left the building. Moore was the only one of the last ten years to even begin to approach that level of production. Unfortunately that's over and done with and can't be undone.

What we have left is to consider other signings. How about that Robby Anderson extension many of us liked at the time based on one season? I'm in favor of just slowing things down and taking our time.

Ultimately I'll go with whatever Canales thinks is the best route. Certainly he knows what he wants out of the position group. If he deems Diontae a part of the core going forward and his contract expectations are reasonable you go from there. If not then you do what you have to and revisit all this in the offseason. It's not going to be resolved right now regardless. This is and has always been a developmental season.

Im tired of dudes comparing Robbie Anderson to Diontae.

Robbie was a trash #3-5 WR That couldnt even start on another team. We decided to feature him as our 1b next to Dj Moore because he was cool with Rhule.

I hated the contract when they signed it and this is not even remotely similar.

You usually have good takes but this one is trash. 

Edited by PootieNunu

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

That's what he is worth

He's actually worth more than that to our offense.

People are ignoring his actual impact on our offense. He opens up opportunities for our young WRs. Johnson is elite at getting open. You can't teach that it's something we have lacked at the WR position for a long time. You take away Johnson and our offense is basically the young guys Mingo/XL good luck putting that kind of pressure on the youngins.

Whoaa is looking at the bigger picture. Johnson impact to this offense is 30mil per year. But if we play our cards right we can get him at a lesser number 18-22mil per year. Pay him because he's our offense right now.