• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursday Football: Bucs @ Falcons

restNChrist

20 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

In some ways Williams looks worse than Fields did. He's more decisive but his deep passing is equally as bad.

Thanks. I think so too, Moore was Fields' go to guy I didn't know about the Williams/Moore connection. 

28 minutes ago, strato said:

Moore will still be wanting to hurt us too. I haven't watched any Bears really, is Williams looking for him like Fields did?

I think Legette can be that (40 yard runner) he has that straight line, just point him north. 

I learned 250 yards a half and very paltry rushing totals for Atlanta. They don't care about being balanced I guess. Or their defense is that bad. I only watched a little of it.

Moore dodged a bullet. He could be pissed or just relieved so IDK but I'm expecting a good game from him.

XL is fine but I'm not sure he will be an good route runner and solid all around WR. Maybe more like Evens which is great as long as he has the Moore/Johnson on the other side. The body catches need to be fixed though. Not impressed with those tendencies.

Atlanta and Tampa are doing anything to win the South crown. Neither are great teams but have some good qualities. Both are so beatable and I wouldn't say either one is a real contender. Saints are in the same mold IMO. 

7 minutes ago, strato said:

Thanks. I think so too, Moore was Fields' go to guy I didn't know about the Williams/Moore connection. 

He is the most targeted guy on the team but has only amassed 22 rec. for 189 yds and 1 TD on 34 targets.

I really do think people are underestimating how pedestrian Williams is. 

I am not even remotely concerned about facing him.

• Beer 1

31 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

In some ways Williams looks worse than Fields did. He's more decisive but his deep passing is equally as bad.

I would take Fields personally. Williams needs to work on his technique but he is also a bigger diva IMO.

20 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

He is the most targeted guy on the team but has only amassed 22 rec. for 189 yds and 1 TD on 34 targets.

I really do think people are underestimating how pedestrian Williams is. 

I am not even remotely concerned about facing him.

I thought why am I asking when should just go look. I did. He doesn't have 200 yards on the year and Williams' numbers are bad.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

CMC sounds about done so that magic was amazing but also not for long. Moore for sure tho. I still can't believe they traded that good of a player on that good of a contract. Seeing him on the Bears is going to just stink this Sunday

When you watch Pitts / Robinson / London run out there for the Falcons, you can't help but feel we used to have that, but we traded them all away.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

When you watch Pitts / Robinson / London run out there for the Falcons, you can't help but feel we used to have that, but we traded them all away.

Been saying this for years. We had elite talent on offense at the skill positions. We traded them all away for basically nothing.

53 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Been saying this for years. We had elite talent on offense at the skill positions. We traded them all away for basically nothing.

CMC was understandable. DJ Moore far less so.

My issue is less the unloading elite talent but the utterly futile attempts to replace it.

• Pie 2

Trading away Moore for what we did was absurdly stupid.

Other than that if you undo the McCaffrey trade you also undo all the progress we've made along the offensive line because we could not afford to sign Hunt and Lewis and keep CMC while he inevitably ended up injured and wasting a huge chunk of our cap anyways. Some of you literally don't even understand what the hell you're advocating for lol.

Quality coaching can change a great deal. Let Canales work.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

I would take Fields personally. Williams needs to work on his technique but he is also a bigger diva IMO.

It's easy to take Fields on a competent team with much more experience. But if you watch the Steelers play, it quickly becomea evident he is the most limiting factor on their offense.

It's still possible for Williams to ascend to elite status, although he looks shaky early. I think that matter is thoroughly settled for Fields. He just is never going to develop elite QB skills. Not to say he can't be a good starter in the NFL eventually.

21 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It's easy to take Fields on a competent team with much more experience. But if you watch the Steelers play, it quickly becomea evident he is the most limiting factor on their offense.

It's still possible for Williams to ascend to elite status, although he looks shaky early. I think that matter is thoroughly settled for Fields. He just is never going to develop elite QB skills. Not to say he can't be a good starter in the NFL eventually.

I think Williams deep ball issues and divaness is going to be larger issues than Fields ceiling. I just don't see elite in him either. Going to see a lot of hom on Sunday but so far I just see the elite on any angle with him.

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

Hated getting rid of Moore and not trying to draft another guy like that after missing it for so long before him. CMC just made sense to me even if it wasn't fun. Hoping Sanders can be that TE we have missed since Olsen left.

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I think Williams deep ball issues and divaness is going to be larger issues than Fields ceiling. I just don't see elite in him either. Going to see a lot of hom on Sunday but so far I just see the elite on any angle with him.

I can't throw the towel in on Williams just because he is only 4 games into his career. I do think he would be better served being behind a vet for at least a season like Maye is. 

It's just a devil you know versus devil you don't argument with Fields and Williams.