• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursday Football: Bucs @ Falcons

restNChrist

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Simping for Kirk Cousins is hilariously pathetic. I mean not as bad as simping for Sam Darnold, but still pathetic.

He's essentially Dalton - one of the 32 best QBs on the planet, but not a superstar and hurtling towards retirement.

As we've seen they're very hard to find. He has his flaws, but he's better than almost everyone else walking the planet at playing QB. 

6 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

Amazes me anyone would say he's not clutch. 30.4% GWD conversion is lower level clutch like Derek Carr and Aaron Rodgers. Andy Dalton is 26.4%.

Baker Mayfield is 17.5% and Sam Darnold is 12.5%. Bryce Young is 11.1%.

People need to realize QB must be 60% clutch and 40% game manager in an NFL game.

A couple of my QB targets are Cooper Rush at 75.0% and Desmond Ridder at 35.7%. Desmond Ridder had crazy clutch ratios like Tom Brady in their college careers. Ridder needs a coach like Canales.

SB dynasty QBs are around 40% & clutch playoff QBs who make it to championship games are around 30% as a gauge.

When you run this across the 64 championship QBs over the past 35 seasons you'll see the same result with a 3% to 5% swing from the start to finish of their career. This goes for the undervalued championship QBs like Case Keenum and Erik Kramer too. QBs come prepared from college knowing how to be a clutch performer. It's only the game management and system they need to be coached up on in the NFL.

Now 13-21 in primetime slots, 1-3 in the playoffs. 65-48-2 in non-primetime games. Unclutch may not be the right term, but he is the Matt Rhule of QBs - inferior results when the lights are brightest and competition the best.

Edited by KSpan
  • Beer 1

14 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

That game showed me one thing. The Panthers skill players really are bottom of the league in big plays. Need a guy that can run 40+ yards with the ball in his hands. Either after a handoff or after the catch. DJ Moore and CMC had that ability and we lost both. Damn...

CMC sounds about done so that magic was amazing but also not for long. Moore for sure tho. I still can't believe they traded that good of a player on that good of a contract. Seeing him on the Bears is going to just stink this Sunday

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Simping for Kirk Cousins is hilariously pathetic. I mean not as bad as simping for Sam Darnold, but still pathetic.

Sam Darnold is gonna lead the Vikings to the SB. Open your eyes he's the best QB in the NFC.

I will not tolerate any Sam Darnold slander.

18 minutes ago, Waldo said:

CMC sounds about done so that magic was amazing but also not for long. Moore for sure tho. I still can't believe they traded that good of a player on that good of a contract. Seeing him on the Bears is going to just stink this Sunday

Moore will still be wanting to hurt us too. I haven't watched any Bears really, is Williams looking for him like Fields did?

I think Legette can be that (40 yard runner) he has that straight line, just point him north. 

I learned 250 yards a half and very paltry rushing totals for Atlanta. They don't care about being balanced I guess. Or their defense is that bad. I only watched a little of it.

Edited by strato

3 minutes ago, strato said:

Moore will still be wanting to hurt us too. I haven't watched any Bears really, is Williams looking for him like Fields did?

I think Legette can be that (40 yard runner) he has that straight line, just point him north. 

I learned 250 yards a half and very paltry rushing totals for Atlanta. They don't care about being balanced I guess. Or their defense is that bad. I only watched a little of it.

In some ways Williams looks worse than Fields did. He's more decisive but his deep passing is equally as bad.