• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bears week

Jackie Lee

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I really have no idea why people think that Caleb is going to have a big day against us. 

We have yet to allow a passer hit 250 yards. That includes Derek Carr, Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert.

Yeah I agree. Unless DJ Moore breaks a couple for 70+ yards. Which is very possible. 

30 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Both the Falcons and Bucs defense looked suspect. I could see a tight high scoring game against the Falcons. 

They are just too stacked, IMO. We need a lot of help. Not saying it can't happen but the bounces and calls have to go our way.

22 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Yeah I agree. Unless DJ Moore breaks a couple for 70+ yards. Which is very possible. 

I don't think that is very possible unless Harris gets ISO'ed on Moore.

Moore is likely going to struggle against Horn, IMO. Mainky because his QB is just not very good.

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Oh they will rush over their average but they also only average 165.8 YPG through the air. 

Again, Caleb Williams is not a good QB and we have done fairly decent against way, way, WAY better QB's so far.

We got passed on by notorious accurate passers and Caleb Williams is extremely inaccurate.

hope so!

I'm just glad I don't have to gaslight myself into thinking Bryce is good and waiting for the team to get right so that he can show out anymore. 

• Flames 1

5 hours ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Panthers 26 Bears 21

But we get our ass kicked next week. 

Bears defense has not given up more than 21 points in the last 10 games. Even longer if you look at just home games. They have also added some blitz packages this year. The got home with a couple of those are caused turnovers. Will be interesting to see how Andy handles them. 

12 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Ain't they all???

Not really. There is 'any given Sunday' for sure but there are games teams should lose or win given the matchups. Parady has fixed a lot of that IMO but it still exist when there are extreme cases of failure. If Dalton wasn't starting even this game would be one of those games IMO looking at the matchups. 

13 minutes ago, NAS said:

Key to the game is stopping the run. In the passing game, play bend but don't break, make Caleb consistently make accurate throws. 

I don't think it will take much to stop the Bears running game. Especially when Swift is in the lineup. Not impressed with his ability to run between the tackles. The coaching staff likes him because his speed and ability to catch. If the center can hold up from getting pushed back 4-5 yards, look for Caleb to have a big game. If not, it will be back to the short passing game. I think it will be a close game with Bears getting the win. Carolina will need to use silent count because of how loud it will be at Soldier Field, giving the defense an advantage. I know Carolina won a road game in Vegas but that stadium isn't close to being as loud as SF.

2 hours ago, Navy_football said:

i don't know. i just don't see the bears offense doing anywhere as well against us as the bengals.

11 minutes ago, Bearzzz said:

If the center can hold up from getting pushed back 4-5 yards, look for Caleb to have a big game. If not, it will be back to the short passing game.

I think both things can be be true.  With Derrick Brown out for the year, we're not getting much push by DL in passing downs.  Evero's adjustment seems to  be to rely more on scheme and coverage.  I think even if he has time, Caleb will be forced to make the short to intermediate throws.  Carolina will be looking to eliminate any big play opportunities and won't blitz much.  

Then again, they may choose to blitz more since Caleb is a rookie. Should be a good matchup on Sunday.