• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Andy Dalton is a top 5 QB so far

NAS

9 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Also, it’s not obvious from the graphic shown but Young is actually represented. He’s just off the chart in the negative to the bottom left…

Those two games he played might have been the worst two-game stretch of QB play in league history, no hyperbole. Using the eye test it would be hard for me to say otherwise.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

10 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Sam Darnold gonna fug around and win MVP.

And I'm I'm gonna fug around and bring back my old post saying we should have kept Sam Darnold as QB.

Dalton is balling tho. I like him.

I always said Darnold was better than people thought here. I'm glad to see him doing so well.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

it's a lot easier to play QB when you have the best WR in the game on the field. 

but Sam Darnold has to get to the 2nd half of the season.  Or really the middle of the season.  At this time in Carolina.....Panther fans were calling for him to win MVP.  

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

it's a lot easier to play QB when you have the best WR in the game on the field. 

but Sam Darnold has to get to the 2nd half of the season.  Or really the middle of the season.  At this time in Carolina.....Panther fans were calling for him to win MVP.  

A lot of people are going to see that Darnold is riding an unsustainable luck streak. If you do a deep dive in the stats, it sticks out like a sore thumb. Same with watching games live. He is about 4-6 INT's short of what he should be at. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

A lot of people are going to see that Darnold is riding an unsustainable luck streak. If you do a deep dive in the stats, it sticks out like a sore thumb. Same with watching games live. He is about 4-6 INT's short of what he should be at. 

He is riding the best WR in the game and the rest of the team is better than any he has ever had. I think he is playing his best ball but it's going to come back to earth.

• Beer 1

13 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Sam Darnold gonna fug around and win MVP.

And I'm I'm gonna fug around and bring back my old post saying we should have kept Sam Darnold as QB.

Dalton is balling tho. I like him.

Sam was solid here for the first few weeks before McCaffrey got hurt then the wheels came off. He could easily fall apart in MN too, and reality is MN has elite offensive coaching and personnel including the best WR in the league. Sam has been great and credit to him, I like him, but based on what we had seen from him here letting him go was not a bad decision. Honestly Dalton so far this year has looked better than Sam ever did here -- small sample size of course and Dalton is much older but still I have no regrets about letting Darnold or Mayfield walk.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

He is riding the best WR in the game and the rest of the team is better than any he has ever had. I think he is playing his best ball but it's going to come back to earth.

He also has the best OL has has ever had. He is almost last in the league in Time To Throw.

• Beer 2

15 minutes ago, t96 said:

Sam was solid here for the first few weeks before McCaffrey got hurt then the wheels came off. He could easily fall apart in MN too, and reality is MN has elite offensive coaching and personnel including the best WR in the league. Sam has been great and credit to him, I like him, but based on what we had seen from him here letting him go was not a bad decision. Honestly Dalton so far this year has looked better than Sam ever did here -- small sample size of course and Dalton is much older but still I have no regrets about letting Darnold or Mayfield walk.

Darnold/Wilks took over and damn near got us to the playoffs.

He loss to Tom Brady lol with the playoffs on the line.

We had a good thing and Tepper blew it up for a damn midget QB.

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Pining after the Darnold era is peak desperation. This is your personal rock bottom as a Panthers fan. That was so far from a good thing it's laughable.

• Pie 4

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Pining after the Darnold era is peak desperation. This is your personal rock bottom as a Panthers fan. That was so far from a good thing it's laughable.

Do you realize Darnold/Wilks era was the closest thing to winning football we had under the entire Tepper era?

At some point you Panthers fans gotta wake up and realize we are the joke. Bakers and Darnold are balling out with new teams. We are still losing and being awful.

Just stop with the nonsense. Nothing about this franchise can be viewed as a positive right now. We are at the bottom of the league. Everyone who leaves us has success including Wilks who was in the SB as a DC the following year.

Look in the mirror and accept accountability for having a bad owner who makes bad decisions. If Canales wasn't man enough to bench Bryce Tepper would still have him starting.

Tepper down son!

Well Dalton has proved it and was the guy for a long time in Cincinnatti. Quite a difference.

You would not have gotten Dalton in like, his year three for what they spent on Darnold (and he wasn't that bad a deal until they did that option thing before its time).

It isn't a comparison until Darnold becomes the guy somewhere. But Sam Darnold has tools. Serious NFL level tools. And has played well in stretches. Actually has shown all the qualities you look for, just not at the same time. But you see them, at least.

Andy is killing it and I was listening to him talk to the media people and he has given it up a few times and I've never heard people describe how he works until him, that I remember.

His thing with timing is, it sounds like, throwing to the spot and reverse engineering how that is going to work between him and the receiver. 

Paraphrasing, I know you will be in that spot, ands will get open to get there. I'm not good reteller but I'll post the example. This isn't the first time he has said things about how it works. 

He has the ability to throw to a specific place with the trust in the receiver to be there when the ball is. So that's his game. He could not look this good without the protection he's getting, fwiw. 

You can't use the same spots the same way or you're predictable, but I am seeing Canales' hand in this poo too. I like the way both of them seem to see the game. 

oh yeah here is the video.

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

22 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

got us to 7-10 and that was largely the D and running game. we did not have a good thing