• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Andy Dalton is a top 5 QB so far

NAS

30 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

He also has the best OL has has ever had. He is almost last in the league in Time To Throw.

The team around him is good enough that it might not really show itself before the playoffs. 

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, t96 said:

got us to 7-10 and that was largely the D and running game. we did not have a good thing

Lest we forget the "Protect the Bank" slogan rolled out before the game against the Steelers, only to be embarrassed by Mitch Trubisky of all people. 

There's some rose colored revisionist history going on here.

Edited by travisura
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 3

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

He is riding the best WR in the game and the rest of the team is better than any he has ever had. I think he is playing his best ball but it's going to come back to earth.

I 100% agree with this opinion but I’m hoping this is wrong cause I like Darnold and want him to succeed. I’m a sucker for redemption stories. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

14 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Sam Darnold gonna fug around and win MVP.

And I'm I'm gonna fug around and bring back my old post saying we should have kept Sam Darnold as QB.

Dalton is balling tho. I like him.

You know damn well if we'd have kept Darnold he'd still be playing like ass today.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

53 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Do you realize Darnold/Wilks era was the closest thing to winning football we had under the entire Tepper era?

At some point you Panthers fans gotta wake up and realize we are the joke. Bakers and Darnold are balling out with new teams. We are still losing and being awful.

Just stop with the nonsense. Nothing about this franchise can be viewed as a positive right now. We are at the bottom of the league. Everyone who leaves us has success including Wilks who was in the SB as a DC the following year.

Look in the mirror and accept accountability for having a bad owner who makes bad decisions. If Canales wasn't man enough to bench Bryce Tepper would still have him starting.

Tepper down son!

You do realize that everything you are wishing for was during the Tepper era, right? And your big wish was 6-6 football.

Speaking of Stockholm Syndrome, holy poo.

May God have mercy on your soul.

• Pie 2

13 hours ago, Gapanthersfan said:

This man has to be locked up for another 2-3 seasons to groom our current young talent and to groom his successor. People take for granted how fortunate this team right now to have a QB basically rescue this team from the brink of dark despair. 

100%.  Dalton really did save this team from the abyss.

With Dalton playing, you can legitimately see the vision Dan Morgan had for the offense.  This offense is built for a QB to succeed in, it just happened the guy we drafted to do that simply couldn't.

And here's the thing... the NFL moves on.  The Niners gave up almost as much for Trey Lance as we did BY9.  It didn't work out, and they moved on.

I think Bryce is in the best situation we could be considering everything that has happened.  Let him sit and see if he can develop and regain his confidence.

But the focus right now and for at least the intermediate future should be on Dalton.  He's playing at a very high level.  I have no interest in any other QB right now with how well Dalton is playing.  It's that good.

And Dalton is "only" 36.  I mean that without hyperbole.  Dalton could easily be the starter here for several more seasons given the current circumstances.

Look at late-career Kurt Warner or Carson Palmer.  Hell, Matt Stafford for that matter.  Aaron Rodgers is 4 years older.  My point being Dalton isn't on his last legs.

And that's really what you're looking for as a team, no matter how you get there.

We are still a year away from being truly competitive with the defensive issues & injuries, but you can at least see a plan for the first time in years.

And Dalton is arguably the most important (if not unexpected) piece of that.

All Hail the Red Rifle!!

• Beer 4

32 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I 100% agree with this opinion but I’m hoping this is wrong cause I like Darnold and want him to succeed. I’m a sucker for redemption stories. 

Agreed, it would be a good story but I am pretty skeptical. The reasons he was not successful are typically hard to fix 

• Pie 1

Darnold has been streaky before, but I hope he's fixed his decision making issues. Dude has a lot of talent, the problem was always between his ears. Talk about a comeback if he keeps this up, damn

As to Dalton, makes you realize just how much trouble BY has been having in the NFL. Maybe some day BY will have his own redemption story, but for now, it's Red Rifle time.

1 hour ago, t96 said:

got us to 7-10 and that was largely the D and running game. we did not have a good thing

Lies

Baker was playing during that stretch and Wilks took over for Rhule during the middle of the season.

What was his record after Wilks took over sir?

2024 all lies will get exposed by CamWhoaaCam. 

This hand wringing over Sam Darnold is becoming insufferable.

The 49ers cut him too.

Could he suddenly be a legit consistent franchise QB from here on out? I guess. Do I think it's likely? Not really. Let the season play out.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

This hand wringing over Sam Darnold is becoming insufferable.

The 49ers cut him too.

Could he suddenly be a legit consistent franchise QB from here on out? I guess. Do I think it's likely? Not really. Let the season play out.

It's coming

https://www.minnesotasportsfan.com/minnesota-vikings/minnesota-vikings-games/week-4-pff-grades-vs-packers/

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

You know damn well if we'd have kept Darnold he'd still be playing like ass today.

Sir I don't know that.

With Wilks he was showing you signs of improvement. The problem with Darnold is he had Rhule as his HC. 

Once again it wasn't just Darnold who improved once they left. Baker also improved. We had a culture and coaching problem in Carolina. 

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

You do realize that everything you are wishing for was during the Tepper era, right? And your big wish was 6-6 football.

Speaking of Stockholm Syndrome, holy poo.

May God have mercy on your soul.

6-6 would have had us on pace to win the division. Need I remind you of the Bucs record that season 8-9 a losing record!

So yeah our chances of making the playoffs with a healthy Darnold and a full season of Wilks definitely improves and damn near a guarantee. The locker room was much better when Wilks was calling the shots.

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

6-6 would have had us on pace to win the division. Need I remind you of the Bucs record that season 8-9 a losing record!

So yeah our chances of making the playoffs with a healthy Darnold and a full season of Wilks definitely improves and damn near a guarantee. The locker room was much better when Wilks was calling the shots.

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

• Pie 1