• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dalton Mic'd Up

Jackie Lee

32 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah his big knock was always choking in the playoffs, the fact that they had playoff intentions every year is like a foreign concept to the era of the team. What were people calling a success this year? 5 wins? lol 

Yeah, he is unlikely to ever see the playoffs here unless his tenure is beyond 2027. 

Edited by kungfoodude

36 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah his big knock was always choking in the playoffs, the fact that they had playoff intentions every year is like a foreign concept to the era of the team. What were people calling a success this year? 5 wins? lol 

I don’t remember if I said 5 or 6. Now, that was an estimate and not a bar or measure of any success. But there is no doubt that .500 would be a success to me. 

I have never been a SB or bust type. I want consistency. A shot at the playoffs, taking the division. Less ambitious goals but the idea is you can’t get to a SB unless you are in the contest. 
I think that meaningful games until the last couple of weeks at least is my bottom line for reasonable expectations from my teams. Every year. 
Not wondering if can we make it to a .350 winning percentage if things go okay. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, he is unlikely to ever see the playoffs here unless his tenure is beyond 2027. 

I don't think they're that far off. Honestly believe a healthy Derrick Brown and 1 decent pass rusher fixes this defense. Secondary is good enough. And I really think Wallace will be another good ILB.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Navy_football said:

I don't think they're that far off. Honestly believe a healthy Derrick Brown and 1 decent pass rusher fixes this defense. Secondary is good enough. And I really think Wallace will be another good ILB.

If they can get the DL as straight as they got the other side, everyone else gets better. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Navy_football said:

I wish we were that close but I don't think that is the case at all.

We’re not that many pieces away from competing on defense, but the depth is the worrisome part. Three of the 4 teams in this division have artificial turf. Do the math on how many games we play that are actually on natural grass. 

This team HAS to hit on at least 2 quality, defensive players in this draft. Day 1 starters. Edge. DT. Linebacker. Safety. On offense get depth at center and LT. 

My plan would be to extend Andy and Adam as I see them as crucial to player development. Detail guys. Adam has some of the best hands next to Christian that we’ve had in a long time.

I really like Johnson’s game, but I don’t know if we’ll be able to afford him. He and Adam have so much they can show these young guys. 

4 hours ago, strato said:

I don’t remember if I said 5 or 6. Now, that was an estimate and not a bar or measure of any success. But there is no doubt that .500 would be a success to me. 

I have never been a SB or bust type. I want consistency. A shot at the playoffs, taking the division. Less ambitious goals but the idea is you can’t get to a SB unless you are in the contest. 
I think that meaningful games until the last couple of weeks at least is my bottom line for reasonable expectations from my teams. Every year. 
Not wondering if can we make it to a .350 winning percentage if things go okay. 

I just want playoffs, make the playoffs and see what happens. Dont care if the record is losing, so long youre in the playoffs. 

If you said 5 or 6 thats more than doubles last years win total. Given they never lead and should have lost those 2 wins in 2023, 5 or 6 would have been great as sad as that is. Just the current times. 

If they keep playing like the last 2 weeks, 5 or 6 should happen barring no more big injuries. I said 2 wins, but I thought BY would be starting more games. They could, in fact should have won the game against the chargers if dalton starts. That game was winnable, I dont know how many we can call that in the future, the defense is hurting bad with injuries. Dalton can not put up 40 each game, evero is just going to have gameplan a win or two. 

I honestly think more running game would kept the defense off the field, rested and gives evero more time to figure out how to stop them. Old school 17-10 games, but I doubt that happens. 

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I just want playoffs, make the playoffs and see what happens. Dont care if the record is losing, so long youre in the playoffs. 

If you said 5 or 6 thats more than doubles last years win total. Given they never lead and should have lost those 2 wins in 2023, 5 or 6 would have been great as sad as that is. Just the current times. 

If they keep playing like the last 2 weeks, 5 or 6 should happen barring no more big injuries. I said 2 wins, but I thought BY would be starting more games. They could, in fact should have won the game against the chargers if dalton starts. That game was winnable, I dont know how many we can call that in the future, the defense is hurting bad with injuries. Dalton can not put up 40 each game, evero is just going to have gameplan a win or two. 

I honestly think more running game would kept the defense off the field, rested and gives evero more time to figure out how to stop them. Old school 17-10 games, but I doubt that happens. 

To be honest, I caught so much poo for not believing in Young that I made a conscious decision to temper what I really thought with optimism.

I did think it was possible he could be better in 2024 with those little college rollouts and whatever else Canales was going to design.

But I didn't believe in him still, to play an NFL kind of game and was really disappointed in the prospect of watching the Alabama offense in Panthers uniforms. 

But, I thought I would maaayyybe see him using the pocket and learning to find the lanes where he could maybe see downfield. I am not the smartest person lol. 

Which is why we’re scoring like we are this year. Great line, good QB, good RB, and good receivers. Don’t need world beaters when your o line is strong. This is a 3+ TD team against any opponent in the NFL right now. Andy is very good. Johnson and Adam are B+ receivers. We are starting 2 rookie WRs. Mingo gets a mulligan on last year. Chuba B+, yet we are a threat to score 7 any time we have the ball on O. That’s strong. You think it would be this way without adding Lewis and Hunt? This is why I continue to harp on O line depth. It gets us literally every year. we play on turf. Almost every game. Need. Depth. 

• Beer 1