• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dalton Mic'd Up

Jackie Lee

6 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

Hopefully Dalton can be our starter for the rest of this year and into next.

You can definitely see the vision from Dan Morgan.  He did what he set out to do- give the QB something to work with.  Obviously, they thought (and hoped) it would be for Bryce, but regardless with Andy Dalton we are able to see the vision.

He couldn't have done better than signing Robert Hunt & Damien Lewis.  We were all skeptical about moving Corbett to center, but that has worked out great, also.

Robert Hunt is as impressive an interior Olineman as I have ever seen.  He really is a bad, bad MF.

Chuba has developed into a borderline top-10 back.  A true 3-down back.  I never expected that of him as a rookie... he deserves a lot of props for his hard work to develop himself, especially his pass catching.

Diontae Johnson looks like a WR1 in this scheme, and him & XL looked like the most legit WR duo we had since DJ Moore & Robby Whatever in 2020.

At this point, we already have the sunk cost of BY9.  Even if he sits this year and next, he will still only be in his 4th year in 2026.  It's not ideal, but it's also not the albatross for this franchise it appeared to be a few weeks ago.

Our offense is legit, and that hasn't been the case since TJ Watt wrecked Cam's shoulder in 2018.

This rebuild looks so, so much better than it did 2 weeks ago.

The defense (especially with injuries) is unfixable to a certain extent this year.  We're probably going to have to win shoot-outs if we are going to win.

Regardless, another offseason and getting Derrick Brown back should put us in a legit position to compete next year.

At this point, I'll take that.  I am sold on Canales as a coach, and I feel more optimistic as a Panthers fan now than I have since before Cam left.

Canales is scheming guys wide-ass open left & right... I can't remember the last time a Panthers OC was doing that honestly.

And Evero will be fine, too, once he gets some horses back on the Dline.

For all Tepper has gotten wrong over the past 7 years, hiring Canales and keeping Dan Morgan as GM is showing signs of being a good plan to get us back to relevancy.

I agree about Dalton for sure.  Bring him back for another year and go all in on defense this draft.  Especially pass rushers.

32 minutes ago, NAS said:

I hated the idea of Andy starting last year, now I wish he was here 4 years ago instead of Teddy B.  Big fan of his game and how he conducts himself as a leader. 

He is definitely not taking this opportunity for granted. Also I see no noticeable signs of degrading arm strength, don't see why he couldn't bridge us for a couple more years. Obviously the locker room loves him

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

He is definitely not taking this opportunity for granted. Also I see no noticeable signs of degrading arm strength, don't see why he couldn't bridge us for a couple more years. Obviously the locker room loves him

Our OL is doing a good job at keeping him upright. I will say his arm looks fine, but it’s only been 2 games. Hopefully he can keep it up for the next 13 games