• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers lose, but there’s a different vibe since Andy Dalton replaced Bryce Young –– The Athletic

MRenshaw

5 minutes ago, strato said:

It is called delusional versus a bit too optimistic. Something like that.

Agents slinging endless BS and beating up on guys who won't play in the NFL in school will do that is my guess.

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Agents slinging endless BS and beating up on guys who won't play in the NFL in school will do that is my guess.

I can not grasp how they can sling enough to make me blind. Especially if I played in the NFL or really have knowledge of it. 

Edited by strato

6 minutes ago, strato said:

I can not grasp how the can sling enough to make me blind. Especially if I played in the NFL really have knowledge of it. 

It's their jobs. They are professional slingers and BSers looking for a contract. Look at what Young's agent did. The film was obvious if you're not an NCAA fan. The higher in the draft the crazier it all gets so it feeds itself in an out of control way.

Could you imagine if the Bears took Daniels? The outrage lol

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I could tell before the pick. He isn't special, he isn't even the best QB in his draft. He is another talented player who thinks he is special. Well school is over and the rest of the NFL was laughing when the Bears made that pick. I sure was just like I was laughing when the Panthers picked Young.

If he ever gets his head out of his butt he could pull a Baker or a Fields and hit his potential but going #1 just inflated an already ginormous ego. He has a good D and Moore is a consistent stud. A special player would do more with that even if everything else wasn't perfect.

We are really lucky to have Andy. Young is such a massive bust they should come up with another name for it because it's unfair to call other players busts in comparison.

Ok, hopefully you are wrong. But will be glad to come back to this at the end of the season and see if you still feel the same. Development in the NFL is not linear. With the amount the coaches have put on Caleb (including making protection calls and changing plays at the line, which I haven't seen from the other young QBs) I am happy where he is at right now. 

• Beer 1

Rationally we know that had we taken the right QB the Bears would not have been selecting number one but it was such a fuging horrible series of decisions by Carolina.

Absolutely, if you didn't watch college and develop an attraction or affinity about the player you would be able to view it more realistically. But that's not in any way supposed to be a guy working for an NFL team at the level where he would have influence like that.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, strato said:

Rationally we know that had we taken the right QB the Bears would not have been selecting number one but it was such a fuging horrible series of decisions by Carolina.

Absolutely, if you didn't watch college and develop an attraction or affinity about the player you would be able to view it more realistically. But that's not in any way supposed to be a guy working for an NFL team at the level where he would have influence like that.

I think it's a case of it being easier for fans because we don't have to talk to the agents, school coaches or even the players directly. There is no possibility for anything but an unemotional and uninfluinced take, well if your unplugged from the media drivel. I have no idea if they watch the college games but it seems like it's more that than just film.

23 minutes ago, strato said:

for the Bears guy...Our DBs aren't horrible, but we don't get any pressure generally so they are stressed. He'll have a chance to succeed on Sunday

We have had problems blocking bull rushers at center and left tackle. They can help with chip blocks on LT but center is another story. If you have a good nose tackle, that's going to be a problem. Until last week, the running game was also a non factor.

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I think it's a case of it being easier for fans because we don't have to talk to the agents, school coaches or even the players directly. There is no possibility for anything but an unemotional and uninfluinced take, well if your unplugged from the media drivel. I have no idea if they watch the college games but it seems like it's more that than just film.

Yeah. I was probably able to see it only because I pay zero attention to college outside of mild interest in local and state teams.

They say it was all there on the tape and then draft him, when what I saw on the tape told me to go far far away. 

• Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Bearzzz said:

We have had problems blocking bull rushers at center and left tackle. They can help with chip blocks on LT but center is another story. If you have a good nose tackle, that's going to be a problem. Until last week, the running game was also a non factor.

I can't say much good about our chances of pressure even with those weaknesses. He will probably eat. 

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, strato said:

I can't say much good about our chances of pressure even with those weaknesses. He will probably eat. 

He should go crazy in that match up. He doesn't handle pressure well and we don't give any.

• Beer 1