• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers lose, but there’s a different vibe since Andy Dalton replaced Bryce Young –– The Athletic

MRenshaw

10 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

It's wild he's not a captain, he seems like the true leader of the team especially with the injuries. He also obviously just loves playing the game and isn't taking the opportunity for granted after sitting on the bench the last year

Can they vote additional captains since so many of our captains are either out the season with a injury or been replaced like Bryce?

1 hour ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Can they vote additional captains since so many of our captains are either out the season with an injury or been replaced like Bryce?

Rhetorical question:  If you are not injured, how can you remain a team captain if you have been benched for poor performance?  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Does the patch matter?  I think it does/doesn't matter.  Rather it only matters when it matters.

The guys in the locker room know who the leaders are.  They don't need a patch.

Honestly, when Canales benched Bryce, it was a major shake up to the locker room.  No excuses, no BS.  Play good football or even the #1 pick will get benched.  You can color it however you want to, but the reality is that the team has a sense of urgency now.

I wasn't sure Canales would be a good coach year one.  We're still too early to make that determination, but Dave has certainly done the job better than anyone since Steve Wilkes.  The team knows they have a good coach, and they play for him.  He wants to help them WIN, not just develop Bryce.

Heck of a motivational tool, that's for sure.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, bythenbrs said:

Rhetorical question:  If you are not injured, how can you remain a team captain if you have been benched for poor performance?  

I agree with that totally. I did not want to mention the elephant in the room but now that you have Bryce simply should not be captain due to being benched for poor performance. The fact that he does not seem to be a verbal leader or even lead by example on the field puzzled me even more as to why he was voted captain in the first place. He is now standing on the sidelines as a cheerleader where he belongs so I hate to poo on him even more because he is not a team cancer or an issue but he is not a leader. Time to give out some new C's and Dalton now needs one and a couple other new guys.

• Beer 1

48 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

I know it's mid-week, but what are your early thoughts with Chicago? Looks like the Bears are 3.5 point favorites. 

Not being biased, but I actually thought that should be reverse. Their offense is really struggling. Their defense is above average. 

I can see Caleb Williams making things harder on himself than needed. He's kinda doing that Bryce thing of the second some rushers get past the LOS he starts panicking. I don't think it'll be back and forth high scoring like the Bengals game

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

25 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I can see Caleb Williams making things harder on himself than needed. He's kinda doing that Bryce thing of the second some rushers get past the LOS he starts panicking. I don't think it'll be back and forth high scoring like the Bengals game

I think if he sucks we'll feel better about losing that pick. That's the solace. Such as it is. 

It is strength on strength our O vs their D, and the other sides are weakness vs weakness. DJ will be motivated but they have to get it to him. 

Edited by strato
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

It could be a “get right” game for him if we can’t get pressure. I’d love to see another win. Hopefully the offense keeps clicking. 

1 hour ago, strato said:

I think if he sucks we'll feel better about losing that pick. That's the solace. Such as it is. 

It is strength on strength our O vs their D, and the other sides are weakness vs weakness. DJ will be motivated but they have to get it to him. 

C Williams reminds me of a younger Baker...maybe even worse. His ego is toxic, terrible teammate and he hasn't realized yet his biggest problem is his attitude. Baker had to fail in Cleveland and then one year here to change. It's hard to feel good when it's nothing but a bonus pick. They still had their #9 pick and if he bust it doesn't put them behind at all like Young has done to this team. Sorry but it's going to hurt a little longer since they still have the Panther's 2nd in 2025.

• Beer 1

I don't know what to expect in this game. It's a winnable game but it could also be a big growing pains type game. As much as I don't like Williams as a person and player I hate the idea we have so much trouble generating pressure. This is a game I would love to see a D push around a rookie. He deserves it. 

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

C Williams reminds me of a younger Baker...maybe even worse. His ego is toxic, terrible teammate and he hasn't realized yet his biggest problem is his attitude. Baker had to fail in Cleveland and then one year here to change. It's hard to feel good when it's nothing but a bonus pick. They still had their #9 pick and if he bust it doesn't put them behind at all like Young has done to this team. Sorry but it's going to hurt a little longer since they still have the Panther's 2nd in 2025.

I don’t see anything in team history that compares to the magnitude of the Bryce Young disaster. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Well the Bears fuging up the 2025 2nd would ease it a little I guess. And after that we are paid off. 
But we have to watch CJ play for however many years and it won’t stop.

I have felt good about Canales since we hired him and that would not have happened if Bryce would have not gotten the other coaches fired.

So if Canales is the guy, it is a great booby prize.