• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer: Panthers WR’s possibilities for Chiefs

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Not a 4th but a 2nd or 3rd is better than nothing. 

I agree better than nothing but I almost feel like it could be worth taking the chance to see if he would be interested in long term here. They need to feel him out and see how he feels about the long term. If he is in it for the long-term here I would hang onto him but if he says he probably is not I would consider moving him. Hopefully everyone is honest with one another 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Gapanthersfan said:

Y’all fall in love too quickly. I’d like to date a bit longer before buying a ring. No trade yet. Get him 2-3 more games, 300 more yards, 2+ more TDs and let the contenders in need get a bit more desperate.  Big contracts to damaged goods 1 year rentals… fraught with peril. 

Defense needs help. No more big $ on offense, please. 

It's okay to discuss it now, not like it will progress to signing in a week or two from here. 

As far as his price on an expiring contract, having the inside track to a potent WR, if you think you are about to do something, that is a feature.

It is an edge for your team, if you decide he fits (and also depending on the other UFA WRs which I haven't looked up). But it adds an incentive in the right market. 

We can also bluff that we are getting a comp pick either way so why would we sell close to that...

You don't HAVE to trade him, but you can give people the opportunity to get some bidding fever going. 

As far as drafting we need to remember both our the top offensive coaches came up working with receivers. I think they probably have a good eye for evaluation relative to the fit they want.

I don't think we need to tie our past WR flubs to these guys. 

Edited by strato

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

https://x.com/adamschefter/status/1841216505825857679?s=46&t=W75E23VenL1ei42iX22E5g

Raiders are hoping to get a 2nd for Adams and we have people thinking we’d get a 1 or 2 for Johnson LOL

I'm not thinking we would get a 1 for him, I'm just saying I wouldn't trade him for less than that and would hang onto him. I would prefer not trade him at all and see about keeping him long term

14 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I'm not thinking we would get a 1 for him, I'm just saying I wouldn't trade him for less than that and would hang onto him. I would prefer not trade him at all and see about keeping him long term

If he is not going to sign then he is not going to sign and you have to deal him for whatever you can get.  That would be very panthery to simply let him walk without any draft capital