• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer: Panthers WR’s possibilities for Chiefs

TheSpecialJuan

Good that he says that. 

But also it is the player version of Bryce is our Quarterback.

Canales also just said that Diontae is our WR, in so many words so we are on a roll

(kidding - but when asked about a potential trade possibility, he basically said he was happy with Diontae no one was looking to trade him).

22 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

So if it’s known he isn’t staying you’d rather lose him for nothing than gain a 4th?

Not quite sure what losing him for nothing gains us 

I’m saying a 4th is terrible value for such a trade and we can get more if he does have to be traded. A 4th round draft pick is statistically likely to be a role player or have no impact on the team at all. While there are exceptions I don’t consider that equivalent value for a guy who is WR1 at the moment. 

They aren't giving a first for him. A second would be a great value. We're still a ways away from being a true competitor. This is what smart teams would do. One step back, two steps forward. Which means, we get all proud and keep him, then he walks and we get squat. 

• Pie 2

51 minutes ago, Panthero said:

They aren't giving a first for him. A second would be a great value. We're still a ways away from being a true competitor. This is what smart teams would do. One step back, two steps forward. Which means, we get all proud and keep him, then he walks and we get squat. 

2nd would be great, 3rd might be more accurate. Whoever trades for him will need to pay him still if they want him more than half a season. AT is probably a 4th/5th at this point. 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

2nd would be great, 3rd might be more accurate. Whoever trades for him will need to pay him still if they want him more than half a season. AT is probably a 4th/5th at this point. 

AT has very, very limited value. More likely something in the 6th/7th range.

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Every team needs a diva. Those diva guys tend to be talented players.

Not always, that diva stuff can wear on a team eventually depending on the player.

Look at Diggs in Buffalo. It just old. Look at literally every stop in Terrell Owens career(although he was literally a cancerous teammate). 

One could argue Steve Smith was a diva too but going back in the thread, I would argue he was less diva than pure hothead.

1 hour ago, BIGH2001 said:

I’m saying a 4th is terrible value for such a trade and we can get more if he does have to be traded. A 4th round draft pick is statistically likely to be a role player or have no impact on the team at all. While there are exceptions I don’t consider that equivalent value for a guy who is WR1 at the moment. 

WR1 on the Panthers

i totally agree that this organization will do absolutely nothing with an extra 4th round pick. I just rather have an extra 4th than nothing if Johnson makes it known he’s walking. Raiders hope to get a 2nd for Adams. Johnson is nowhere near in the tier that Adams is in so maybe once people see the return for Adams they’ll be more realistic about what a deal for Johnson looks like

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Not always, that diva stuff can wear on a team eventually depending on the player.

Look at Diggs in Buffalo. It just old. Look at literally every stop in Terrell Owens career(although he was literally a cancerous teammate). 

One could argue Steve Smith was a diva too but going back in the thread, I would argue he was less diva than pure hothead.

Lol Buffalo will get exposed vs better teams. They needed a Diggs on the field vs Baltimore. They didn't even belong on that field. Baltimore has too many weapons.

Every team has divas ours included we just don't know because we aren't in the locker room everyday. Having played football this is just how it is. There is always that cocky guy who does a lot of talking on a team.

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

WR1 on the Panthers

i totally agree that this organization will do absolutely nothing with an extra 4th round pick. I just rather have an extra 4th than nothing if Johnson makes it known he’s walking. Raiders hope to get a 2nd for Adams. Johnson is nowhere near in the tier that Adams is in so maybe once people see the return for Adams they’ll be more realistic about what a deal for Johnson looks like

2nd is a starting point for Adam's, they want a bidding war

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Lol Buffalo will get exposed vs better teams. They needed a Diggs on the field vs Baltimore. They didn't even belong on that field. Baltimore has too many weapons.

Every team has divas ours included we just don't know because we aren't in the locker room everyday. Having played football this is just how it is. There is always that cocky guy who does a lot of talking on a team.

Diggs wouldn't have won them that game.

Yes every team has divas but it just depends on the level of diva and if it is ruining chemistry.

• Pie 1