• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer: Panthers WR’s possibilities for Chiefs

Screw the Chiefs. I wouldn't trade him for anything less than a first round and why are they owed a trade anyhow? They have Patriots level entitlement these days. I would try to resign Johnson and work on a fair extension. Not for the highest in football at his position but something we feel is fair and that he is actually worth. If he takes it great, If not then I guess he must do what he must do but he does deserve a decent fair contract 

• Pie 2

19 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Screw the Chiefs. I wouldn't trade him for anything less than a first round and why are they owed a trade anyhow? They have Patriots level entitlement these days. I would try to resign Johnson and work on a fair extension. Not for the highest in football at his position but something we feel is fair and that he is actually worth. If he takes it great, If not then I guess he must do what he must do but he does deserve a decent fair contract 

If the Chiefs give us the best offer then I’m for trading with them. I could care less how much better it makes them. This isn’t  our window right now anyway. 

• Beer 2

With what Diontae has shown so far I’d love to have him stay on the Panthers. However if it’s clear to the organization or they feel strongly he won’t sign here they should consider trades. This is where we have to hope Dan Morgan GM gets it right.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

If the Chiefs give us the best offer then I’m for trading with them. I could care less how much better it makes them. This isn’t  our window right now anyway. 

I gotta think they would at least give us a 3rd for him.  If thats the best then I am not really sure its a good idea, Id probably still do it but damn it would sting

11 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Adam sure.

If they want Johnson they better be giving up that 1st Rd pick. The moment we trade Johnson to KC he's gonna be a all pro playing with Mahomes. We don't need that happening.

Especially for KC since their 1st rounder will basically be a 2nd.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Y’all fall in love too quickly. I’d like to date a bit longer before buying a ring. No trade yet. Get him 2-3 more games, 300 more yards, 2+ more TDs and let the contenders in need get a bit more desperate.  Big contracts to damaged goods 1 year rentals… fraught with peril. 

Defense needs help. No more big $ on offense, please. 

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

He is a rental. Which team in their right mind is offering up a 1 or 2 for rentals these days?

Id be shocked if we got a 3rd

You're probably right for the Chiefs but he's really not necessarily a rental for any team that acquires him. The guy gets open at will and any team could use him. I know people here are low on Donte for some reason but Donte absolutely had the value of a 2nd round pick so we basically gave up a 2nd for a "rental."

I honestly think we keep him and extend him though. He fits really well in Canales' offense.

27 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

And best offer for me would be a 1st. Anything less and I would tell them to take a hike. Their 1st will be a very low first anyhow more than likely if going by recent history.

1 minute ago, PantherKyle said:

Diontae Johnson is not getting us a first round pick. Let's be real

Especially not Diontae Johnson on a  1 yr. deal. Besides, trading him at this point further hampers the offense, and wasn't that a core issue in the first place? Being unable to evaluate anyone because of major talent gaps? He's not an All Pro but let him play out the year unless a blockbuster trade offer comes through the door and avoid letting defenses absolutely swallow up the middling talent at other positions.

6 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

And best offer for me would be a 1st. Anything less and I would tell them to take a hike. Their 1st will be a very low first anyhow more than likely if going by recent history.

No one is trading a 1st for him. We can take the offer or let him walk for free this offseason. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

No one is trading a 1st for him. We can take the offer or let him walk for free this offseason. 

I mean there’s always the comp pick route but given the holes on this team I doubt we’ll end up qualifying for any of those after Fa