• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer: Panthers WR’s possibilities for Chiefs

3 hours ago, jasonluckydog said:

We could only get a 2nd for Christian Mccaffrey and you guys think we will get a 1st for Johnson,  lol. Hold my beer before I fall down laughing.  Holy fug, lol. 

We got more than one second. It was 4 picks that was more like the equivalent of a first. We should have gotten more but consider who was doing the negotiations at that time.

Edited by BIGH2001

6 hours ago, countryboi said:

Johnson has had two good weeks, and our first thought was, "I wonder what we can get for him." At some point, we need to collect and pay those assets. 

its foolishness

and its pretty convenient that you leave out he is a free agent after the season but you be you

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

A 4th for Diontae sounds like something Fitterer might agree to. No thanks.

Ok so instead lose him for nothing?

This fan base has a weird emotional attachment to players. I assume you were happy losing Luvu for nothing this past offseason then?

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

It’s how you properly rebuild. Acquire assets for expiring contracts then turn those assets into young players to build your roster with. AT will probably return a 4th or so but he has not many years left, hopefully we can get a 2nd for DJ. Keep developing XL, Mingo, JT, Brooks (when healthy), Wallace, and let’s see what Coker can do. If half of these guys start looking the part it’s a good start plus our 2 extra picks in the draft. 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

If you can't keep a guy or shouldn't keep a guy then get rid of them before they walk. That's a good strategy.

The problem in the past was the people making the draft picks stunk. If we are afraid of wasting more draft picks then just fire Dan and get a better GM. None of this is rocket science and just because this team has acted the fool recently doesn't mean there are not teams out there doing better while doing this exact thing. He was brought in as a Young crutch and that dream is dead. They need more players on rookie deals from years of cap mismanagement and bad drafting from  former GMs and HCs.

Poorly run teams have to eat their mistakes and not having the money to keep him around is just another example of that with this team.

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 2

I can see the Panthers trading Miles Sanders away and either eating his contract for a higher pick and getting a very low pick for the other team to take it on. I can see them trading D Johnson for a 2nd to the Chiefs, maybe a 2nd (2025) and a 6th in 2026. They need a WR bad. I can see B Young to the Dolphins for a 3rd and a 7th. If teams get desperate. 

There's a fine balance between giving up and still trying to win (even if you don't win). Miles and Young have the least impact on the performance. Even though we lost Sunday, we all kind of felt maybe we could pull it out on offense, we just have too many injuries on defense. We'll get guys back soon. 

Give the Panthers/Canales credit, they have shown just because they pay or draft somebody, they will do what ever it takes to try and win and they should have our support and patience to hopefully get where we all want them to be.

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I see this point, however if you are a 4-5 win team in cap hell, devoid of talent and can get a 2nd for the 1 year rental u got for a 6th I think you consider it. Its gonna he hard to resign him in the off season.  

But that 2nd could easily be pick 64. I’d want at least pick 50 or better for DJ. Chiefs 1st is honestly fair value especially with them being desperate 

No way you can get much for Dionate because you aren't even able to trade a contract.  So the acquiring team, could just see him walk away from them after this year.  No security.  He is a partial year rental. 

I think a 3rd would be about what you would be looking at.  First talk is insane for a WR the Steelers couldn't give away.  

1 minute ago, t96 said:

But that 2nd could easily be pick 64. I’d want at least pick 50 or better for DJ. Chiefs 1st is honestly fair value especially with them being desperate 

He is a rental. Which team in their right mind is offering up a 1 or 2 for rentals these days?

Id be shocked if we got a 3rd

22 minutes ago, CRA said:

No way you can get much for Dionate because you aren't even able to trade a contract.  So the acquiring team, could just see him walk away from them after this year.  No security.  He is a partial year rental. 

I think a 3rd would be about what you would be looking at.  First talk is insane for a WR the Steelers couldn't give away.  

A trade for him has to include a new contract. It doesn't make much sense otherwise unless they throw a 5 or later away IMO