• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

August 2017 - David Newton Twitter likes

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• We could only get a 2nd for Christian Mccaffrey and you guys think we will get a 1st for Johnson,  lol. Hold my beer before I fall down laughing.  Holy fug, lol. 
    • Johnson has had two good weeks, and our first thought was, "I wonder what we can get for him." At some point, we need to collect and pay those assets.  its foolishness
    • Johnson is going to be 29 going into next season and I can't see us having our QB situation figured out and also re-stock an entire defense to be a contender in the next 2 seasons while he'll still be in his prime. That money would be much better spent on younger free agents on defense and then use our 1st Rounder on a true outside #1 WR (hello T-Mac) to have him and Legette under rookie contracts for the next 4-5 years while we build the rest of the team and figure out the QB. True stud #1 WRs generally don't become available through FA and rarely by trade, but usually need at least a 1st to get them.  The best way to get those game changing WRs is to draft them in the first, let's do it back to back years and get a nice young pairing on the outside. I'm probably taking a 2nd from them for him if offered, even if it's 64, that's a good player right there. And I said in a thread yesterday that we should be calling them up for Thielen, I could see them giving up a 3rd for him if they can't get anything better.  I think he'd be a really nice fit with Mahomes and all the other speed they already have there and be a nice compliment from the slot and finding openings in the defense where Mahomes will always find him in a pinch. Thielen and Kelce in the slot on each side with their speed WRs on the outside would be dangerous for Mahomes